Beauty of the Week-June Ambrose

Last year, I gave up a pretty lucrative stint in finance to pursue my real passion which is reporting. I was called crazy, stupid, and a dreamer. Many times, I regretted it, but then I hear about women like June Ambrose and realize that I made the right decision. Remember, everything in life is possible if you truly work hard for it! What an amazing woman Ms. June Ambrose is! She started her career in investment banking, realized she hated it and decided to pursue her passion-STYLE. Since then, this true phenomenal woman has worked with the biggest names in the world including Kelly Ripa, Janet Jackson, P-diddy and Kim Cantrall (my fave on Sex& the City!!!). She’s also appeared on Oprah discussing her work and has written the fabulous book, Effortless Style. This woman is a true example to us that you should never be scared to get out of your comfort zone, and explore the opportunities that make you happy, because who knows where you’ll end up. Ms. Ambrose, thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions. You’re amazing.

Ladies and Jets, My Beauty of The Week: June Ambrose

Photobucket

What is your beauty regimen?
My beauty regimen for morning and night is a little time consuming but necessary. I get very little sleep and I live in a city filled with lots of pollution. In the morning I pour rose water or green tea in a bowl of ice cubes. This helps with the swelling and brightens my eyes. I cleanse with Natura Bisse cleansing wash and toner. I then use the Natura Bisse diamond eye cream, sun block, and finally the Natura Bisse diamond cream for a moist healthy face.

At night I use bliss eye make-up remover and Shu Uemora make-up remover. It’s genius! I then use my Natura Bisse cleansing wash, and toner, followed by my B intensive lightening complex serum, eye cream, and then diamond cream.


What’s the deal with your make-up?
My make up is Giorgio Armani liquid foundation (silicone based), Bobby brown eye brow pencil, Blush from MAC, Revlon mascara, Keilhs’ lip balm with a tint, and my YSL eye liner.


What are some beauty products you can’t live without?
The beauty products I can not live without are Natura Bisse C+C vitamin body cream, Fresh sugar scrub and, Keilhs’sun block.

What’s the best beauty advice someone has given you?
The best advice I was ever given was drink a lot of water, get as much sleep as possible and stay out of the sun.

What’s the best advice you can give us (doesn’t have to be beauty-related)?
Never take a day off from being stylish. Style is second skin.


Thanks,

Hugs,
DE

Do you want to be a Beauty of the Week? We're having a contest soon. The winner will win a gift card to Sephora. Stay tuned for more details.

6 comments:

Phyllis Bourne said...

I LOVE her "never take a day off from being stylish" quote.

Fantastic interview!

Product Junkie Diva said...

Hi DE
Ummm Did you say Sephora gift card???????? LOL
I like June she seems to be very blunt also but she knows what she is talking about regarding style and fashion. I like her style and yours too for pursuing your passion DE.
Oh and I blogged about that Fresh sugar scrub that she mentioned..LOVE IT!
Great interview!
Product Junkie Diva

Anonymous said...

The thing that I love about this blog is that it really addresses the REAL things women do behind the scenes. It always has an amazing mix of inside beauty and lifestyle tips. It's a great way to get women to open up and share their beauty secrets, which we covet most of the time and don't want to share (I know I can be stingy with sharing my secrets girl!) So fun! Thanks!

BonafideLatina~ said...

Hi DominiEnigma...I've heard so much about June (I TiVo Oprah lol). Those were great tips!

And congrats to you for being brave and going after your true passion!!!

I agree w. PBW, that is a great quote.

Calming Corners said...

Good for you for following your dreams. It is hard but you know what is in your heart, and as they begin to come true it feels sooooo good. Awesome interview!

Ugochi said...

congrats on having the courage to leave your day job!

i'm right behind ya ;)

Beauty 365
Beauty Every Day

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...