Loving this

The Dominican Enigma has been extremely tired lately with school and trying to take over the world so she has not had a chance to post (why the hell am I writing in the third person-ok back to the real me). Anyway, I got a really cute e-mail from someone asking me why I don’t post about any beauty products i.e., lip-gloss, eye-shadow, or blush. That’s actually interesting-considering I love them all. So I will begin posting about my favorite make-up as of next week. But as you know, I love hair stuff. I def agree with Martin Luther when he said:

“The hair is the richest ornament of women’

I wanted to share some great shampoos and conditioner that I’ve been using. The Giovanni 50/50 Shampoo and conditioner.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Giovanni 50/50 Shampoo

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Giovanni 50/50 Conditioner.

I first saw the wonders of these products on my friend Kim’s hair. Kim (who reads my blog and knows that I am writing this) had a hair of unhealthy, dry, no-shine, thin, and split-end mousy brown hair. (Kim you know I love you to death.) I often recommended products to her but she would never use them. Then one day I met up with Kim at my favorite restaurant (Tao in NY) and was flabbergasted. Kim’s once fried looking red hair, looked out of this world. Full of luster, shine and volume I was in shock. She told me her boyfriend’s mother had recommended these products. Well, ever since that night, I have used these products on a consistent basis. My hair loves this stuff. I love the smell too although I can’t put my finger on what it is. Again, it has no Sulfates, which I prefer. Everything in this line is organic and natural-no silicones or chemicals in it. It’s worth the buy. www.vitacost.com sells it for a steal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello--
I just wanted to say "hi" and tell you that I ordered the giovanni shampoo and conditioner and with shipping it only came out to $15! On another note, I went to Reaction (on your recommendation) and I was somewhat dissapointed. They did a great scalp massage and deep conditioner but when it came to the rollers they were a mess. I have long hair (up to my bra strap) and they used huge rollers and so many that I didnt fit in the dryer completely. So when I came out my hair left a lot to be desired and they blow dry was good, the only thing was I felt it was a little frizzy like they needed to pass the blowdryer once again just to seal the deal! Also, this was the first time I went to a salon and they out me under the dryer without a hairnet. Is there anything I should know for next time?

Valerie

PS: Can you post a full picture of your head so we can see your luscious locks?

PPS: Theresa did my hair!

beautylogicblog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beautylogicblog said...

Valerie, I"m so sorry Reaction didn't work out for you. I've spoken to chela (owner) about the situation and she was extremely upset about your experience and has agreed to take care of your next visit on her. She asked me to give you her cell phone #. So when you get a chance please e-mail me for that and you 2 can work out a visit. Maybe the day you go i can meet you there. You will love the Giovanni line. My hair has never been shinier since i started washing with only organic products (plus my vitamin supplementation). About my pic, I'm incredibly paranoid about posting it online but I will for today. It's not a great pic of my hair but you can see the shine to it ( i hadn't done my hair in 4 days when i took it and i think it still looks cool). Again I apologize for the bad experience.

beautylogicblog said...

Also Valerie, Kathy and Theresa are my 2 personal hair dressers but many love Nikki as well.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...