Beauty From Within First

It boggles my mind the amount of women that will buy expensive hair and skin products but not nourish their inner body. Don't they know that beauty begins from within first? Growing up I was a constant acne sufferer with massive dark spots and incredibly greasy dead-end hair. Anyway, I became incredibly frustrated because my Dr's would constantly prescribe a myriad of products and my skin would improve for a while but after terminating use of the prescriptions, my skin would return to its old pimply, and bumpy state. So I decided I was tired of quick fixes and wanted something permanent. I decided to take the bull by the horns.

First off I started reading about supplements that are known to improve skin. One of them is GLA which is an acronym for Gamma Lineolic Acid. This is an Omega 6 Oil. Here is what this website says : http://www.fatsforhealth.com/library/libitems/Evening_Primrose_Oil.php said about the benefits of GLA for skin:
Nutritional supplementation with GLA is one of the most important tools in treating eczema. GLA also helps moisturize the skin and protect it from environmental oxidative damage. There have been many scientific studies using GLA with excellent benefits in improving the symptoms of eczema.9, 10, 11, 12 Dosages in the range of 0.5 to 3 grams of GLA are appropriate. Both evening primrose oils and borage oil have been used in these studies:

So after researching GLA, I began taking it in a supplement form in Borage Oil. Borage Oil has the highest amount of GLA of any supplement. Keep in mind supplements are not a quick fix-they take time people!! Don't think that after taking them for one day you will wake up with skin clearer than a baby's bottom-unfortunately, that won't happen. But i do promise you that the benefits of waiting are amazing. Slowly after taking it, I began to notice that my skin had a glow to it that it didn't have before. After around 2 weeks, i notice that my nails which were always weak and soft were now hard and strong. It was insane. My hair seemed shinier (but that could be because of the massive amount of beauty products I own too).

After I saw the benefit of just one supplement, I added a few others. Here is my regimen: I take Borage Oil, MSM (acronym for
Methylsulfonylmethane) a mixture of Omega 3, 6. 9, Alpha lipoic acid (antioxidant to help with antiaging), Vitamin C and of course a multi-vitamin. After this regimen (almost a year), I find that my hair is a lot longer (literally it is down to my waist), my skin is a lot clearer (you must understand I was a constant pimple sufferer as a teen and even as an adult, and now my skin and nails look great. KEEP IN MIND, I am in no way shape or form giving medical advice, but these items worked for me. Keep it beautylicious.

6 comments:

203rd SBA said...

So are these capsules? A powder, liquid?

beautylogicblog said...

All are capsules.

Beautiful said...

hello ms. dominican enigma,

i just found your website and i love all of the products and suggestions that you have, they are all sooo informative! please don't stop with the much needed information. my question is, how long was your hair before you started on your vitamin and organic hair care regimen? because i do know that dominicans already have such beautiful hair!

beautylogicblog said...

Prior to my vitamin regimen, my hair was no where near as healthy as it is now. Now it's much healthier with and it grows a ridiculous amount. Thank you for reading.

Anonymous said...

do you have any other skin care tips??? i've recently become frustrated with relying on topical medicine and like the idea of making changes within. i've just started total omega pills with borage oil. and i try to get facials once a month. anything you do in particular? thanks so much

Herry said...

I believe that the Borage oil is unrefined. This means that the oil has not gone through any filters or chemical processes so you can expect stronger color and fragrances.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...