The Miracles of Coconut Oil

Around two years ago, I was walking through Central Park when i spotted this lovely young lady with the most beautiful hair I've ever seen. After walking directly behind her for 5 minutes mesmerized by the shine and luster of her mane (yes i will become a stalker for beauty), I decided to approach her before she turned around and slugged me. So I asked her what it was she put on those beautiful locks. She advised me that she used Coconut Oil on her hair. She told me that she applied it on her hair (not too much though) used it, left it on her hair for the day and washed it out. Me being the beauty-eager woman that I am, quickly ran to Whole Foods and purchased a bottle of Spectrum Coconut Oil:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I went home and boiled some water and placed the bottle of oil inside. Coconut oil comes in a very hard consistency and the only way to turn it into a liquid is to heat it. After it was liquid, I placed it on my hair, and put my hair in a ponytail. The next morning, I trooped to my salon, they washed it out and woooooooooooooooooooh, my hair looked amazing (i think even better than the girl who gave me the suggestion). lol

On the website: http://thebeautybrains.com/2007/05/14/two-natural-oils-that-make-your-hair-shiny-and-strong/

They state that there have actually been scientific studies on Coconut Oil showing that it is one of the few oils that penetrate the hair and actually will make hair stronger.

I definitely have noticed the difference.

6 comments:

BonafideLatina~ said...

Hello there..its bonafide again...quick question...you say you massage your scalp daily. What oil do you massage it with? Cocunut? If so which brand? I know here you note the spectrum coconut oil but it seems that this one you used overnight and then washed out...let me know!! THANKS!

Ugochi @ Beauty 365 said...

I've been reading about your love for coconut oil for so long :) i'm gonna grab some at Whole Foods today and see how it goes. Plus it smells so good! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I Loooove using coconut oil on my hair and scalp, it's amazing! I even use it on my eyelashes and under my eyes at night, my lashes have gotten way thicker, it could be that you used unrefined, extra virgin coconut oil, which has more nutrients in it

Anonymous said...

I just bought some coconut oil by 365 from wholefoods, organic, unrefined, virgin coconut oil, it was on sale for $5.00 so I got two!:)

Eli said...

Right i will buy this coconut oil...!!!

Morgan said...

Hello DE! I love your blog! I just purchased my first jar of coconut oil and am excited to use it and do my first treatment tonight. However, I purchased the unrefined virgin coconut oil. I noticed that Whole Foods also had a refined version. I was wondering if you could tell me the differences between the unrefined and refined versions in terms of hair care. Also, do you recommend shampooing after leaving the coconut oil for a period of time or just rinsing out with water and styling afterwards. Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks DE!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...