6 Additions to Your Spring Makeup Bag



Hey loves, yesterday was truly a glorious NYC day. The weather hit over 70 degrees,and I saw a lot of women with gorgeous spring sundresses and sandals. I also saw a few other things. Things that made me go hmmmm. I'm talking greasy oily skin, foundations that were fading, runny mascara all over the eyes, etc.  A lot of us go into the Spring, and use the same exact stuff in our makeup bag that we use in the Winter. That's a huge mistake which can lead to problems in the spring such as greasy faces, runny mascara, etc!  It's time to de-winterize our makeup bag and get it spring ready.
One of my makeup bags. I have 7 of them. What can I say? Makeup is an addiction!

Like I said before yesterday was a glorious spring day. However,  the fact is I noticed a lot of people whose faces could have been used  to pan fry some chicken. So many greasy faces! Now during the winter, because the air is dry,  our skin tends need more moisture so we can pack on the moisturizer and still have dry skin. However, during the summer/spring, the exact opposite happens. Because of the humidity, the sun blazing on our faces, our skin can actually become incredibly hydrated-too hydrated and that can lead to a greasy oily face (nothing says unsexy like an oily face).

So this is the perfect time of year to start investing in some oil blotting sheets.Here are some I recommend:


Oil Blotting Sheets
Boscia blotting linens-You get 100 of these for about 10 bucks, and they work.






Clean & Clear: I"m pretty sure Clean & Clear was one of the first inventors of the oil blotting sheets. These are a staple in many women and makeup artist bags.


Trick: If you're ever stuck with a greasy face, and you don't have any oil blotting sheets, go to a public bathroom. If you see toilet seat covers take one, rip a part of it off, and use it to degrease your face.

Primer:
Primers are so essential during these warm months when makeup can fade or rub off. Primers ensure that your makeup stays on, wont fade, and applies perfectly.

Laura Mercier Primer for Oily skin-is a favorite of many including famed makeup artist Sam Fine.

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base : If you're looking for drugstore brand, I've used this one before and found it to be pretty effective.



Trick: Someone told me that Monistat is an amazing skin primer. I haven't tried it, but if you have any handy, why not give it a whirl. lol



Waterproof Mascara
I spotted a girl yesterday whose eyes were incredibly watery due to allergies which led to her eye makeup all over the place.   With allergy season, sweating, and heat, waterproof mascara during this time is SUPER ESSENTIAL!

 Lancome Definicils Waterproof -One of my all time favorite mascaras.




Maybelline Falsies Waterproof-This is currently my favorite drugstore brand mascara. This gives you serious length, volume, everything you could ask for. I actually have been asked if I'm wearing fake lashes when I have these on.





Tinted Moisturizer
During the warmer months, foundations may look a little heavy on the skin. This might be a really good time to invest in a good tinted moisturizer with SPF.

Josie Maran Tinted Moisturizer-This is slightly heavier than a normal tinted moisturizer, but not as heavy as a full coverage foundation. Plus I love that it contains so many nourishing ingredients for the skin:


  Neutrogena Healthy Skin Tinted Moisturizer



Setting Spray-Urban Decay All Night Setting Spray


I'm kind of obsessed with Urban Decay's all night setting spray. This works really well. I applied this while away two weeks ago, and  my makeup lasted all night, even though I was at a club dancing some serious reggae. However, my cousin tried it, and she wasn't a fan at all. To me, it's a very effective product. I would try the trial size first. You can get it at Sephora for $10.00

Bright Makeup
This spring it's all about bright bright bright. So let's do something fun. Let's get rid of our boring black eyeliners, and replace them with some greens, blues, colors that really make the eyes pop. The same with blushes, go for bright corals and peaches, and for eye shadows. Let's go wild with metallics, bright pops of purples, and greens. My favorite trend this season: Bright Lips.  Get rid of those dark colors, and replace them with bright oranges, pinks, and fiery reds. Colors that really make your lips stand out! I'm actually doing a post solely on the bright spring makeup trend soon so stay tuned.

When it's spring time, what do you add to your makeup bag?

Also, have you entered my Lorac giveaway?

It ends next Monday.

Tomorow I'll be reviewing Yager Spa and doing a giveaway for a facial worth $200.00 for mother's day so stay tuned.


Hugs,

Milly

1 comments:

*ms.angela89* said...

Those are some great tips for additions to the spring makeup bag. :D I always have oil sheets in handy cause boy, sun and skin dont mix. ha ha! Thanks for all the wonderful tips. :)

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...