How I'm losing my pregnancy weight-Morning Smoothie

Hey guys,


I've been getting a lot of emails about how I'm losing my pregnancy weight. I'm now only three pounds heavier than I was pre pregnancy. Well, first things first, I want to share what I drink every morning. This morning smoothie is not only low in calories, but it contains a lot of protein, antioxidants and fills me up for at least five hours.

1) Coconut Water-great for boosting the metabolism.
2) Strawberries -great antioxidant, loaded with vitamin C
3) Blueberries -According to this site www.womenfitness.net "A new University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center study suggests that blueberries may help reduce belly fat and risk factors for cardiovascular disease and metabolic syndrome."  Helloooo, reduce belly fat in addition to being an amazing antioxidant. I use about 20 blueberries for my smoothie. 
4) Apple-I remember years ago reading that apples help prevent wrinkles. Also, apples have a high amount of soluble fiber which stops the hunger. I'm all over it. 
5) Banana-Loaded with potassium, nutritious and delicious. 
6) Garden of Life The Perfect food.  I used to eat greens constantly. Lately I don't really have the time. I love this powdered green. This is loaded with so many nutrients, I can't even tell you. 
7) Garden of Life Raw Protein. This contains 18 grams of protein and doesn't taste like anything.  I love it. 

This is usually my morning meal, low in calories, delicious tasting (yes it tastes good too) and it keeps me full throughout the morning, also,  most of these fruits are great antioxidants. 


Hope this Helps 


Hugs, 




DE




8 comments:

antithesis said...

thanks so much for sharing! i was making smoothies at one point but they were nowhere near as healthy as yours seems.

Calming said...

Good for you. This smoothie sounds great, I am going to try it. I am back to my juicing, got off of it for a minute. It is essential to stay as healthy as possible. I am back on track.

Cheers to GREAT health!

xo,
CC

Jawahir said...

this sounds amazing if you get a chance would you mind sharing how much of each you use for one serving?

MyFashionAddictions said...

hollllyyy woooowww! I can't believe you're already down to being just 3 lbs heavier then before pregnancy. Great job with losing the weight.

thanks for sharing.

beautylogicblog said...

hey Jawahir, I use about 20 blueberries, maybe 6 strawberries, one full apple, also a banana. I recently added a carrot to the smoothie, and it was just as delish.

Lola Gets said...

Ive been doing green smoothies lately, and Im loving it! I do a variety of combinations, some more successful than others. I tried some of the Superfood products but I have an intolerance for them. I recently bought protein powder but have been loathe to use it because it tastes a little bitter. Im going to try to find the powder you recommended.

I also need a better blender than my 13 year old Kitchenaid - I often have to chew instead of drink, lol.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I just tried this tonight and it is totally delish! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

So you just throw all the fruit in the blender? The apple with its skin?

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...