Food for Beauty!

It took me a long time to learn how to eat better. Growing up Dominican, I was surrounded by delicious but very fattening foods lacking in nutritional value. But then I started looking at my mother and realized that she looked incredibly young for someone who was close to sixty. So my diet began to change, and in addition to using amazing topical products on my skin and hair, I also began eating certain foods for their beauty and nutritional value. So here are some foods that I eat that will keep you beautiful: You can find all of these at Whole Foods.

Photobucket

1) Green Tea-loaded with antioxidants, Mr. DE and I make sure we have our morning talk before work, while drinking a huge cup of this. (Mr. DE is just as vain as I am.) lol

2) For Great Skin- Alaska Salmon “Dr. Nicholas Perricone author of the book “The Wrinkle Cure” claims that “the special essential fatty acids and antioxidants in salmon give skin a remarkable suppleness, radiance and youthful glow.” I agree. I eat salmon and see the benefits.

3) For longer hair-eat foods rich in sulfur and protein like eggs, yogurt and even meat-(I grill my chicken breast on the George Foreman!). Also foods rich in silica and iron like salads will increase hair growth as well. One of my close friends is an Indian Goddess, and she swears that turmeric helps her hair grow.


4) Fruits & Vegetables. When I go to the Dominican Republic and see my ninety year old, white as snow Great Aunt, looking as if she’s fifty, I had to ask her, what’s her secret? She says fruits! That’s all she eats. After that conversation, I began incorporating fruit in my diet a lot more. For breakfast, I try to eat a huge bowl of fruits, and if I don’t eat vegetables in the day, I have a greens shake.

5) No Stress-I know this isn’t a food, but I just wanted to mention that stress can wreak serious havoc on your beauty. Mally Roncal said something very powerful to me, “If it doesn’t matter in 5 years from now, then it just doesn’t matter. Worrying gives you wrinkles!” So don’t stress yourself out. Eat right, and Enjoy being beautiful.

Do you eat anything for beauty?

Winner of the Jan Marini Serum is Chyvone Caraballo! You lucky girl. You have 2 days to contact me or the prize goes to someone else. Tomorrow you guys will meet an extraordinary woman, and we're having a huge Lancome giveaway.

Hugs,

12 comments:

Wes said...

If the foods I ate were any indication of how my skin looked it would be a bloody HOT mess, lol. I do love fruits though, although in the winter I don't eat them as much as should.

MakeupByRenRen said...

great tips hon!

CC said...

Recently I started eating fruits and veggies more frequently. I started for health purposes but it has it's beauty perks as well. My skin is clearing out which may also be due to all the water i've been drinking. Also try flaxseed oil to help with hair and nail growth. I take it daily.

Happy Thrusday

beautylogicblog said...

Hey Mrs. YoungFashion, thanks for reading. I put flax seed oil in my greens drink as well.

beautylogicblog said...

Wes, you may not see the damaging effects now since you are still in your twenties, but you will once you get older. Eat better!!!!

Anonymous said...

Somehow I managed not to inherit my Swedish ancestors' love of seafood, which is a bad thing for my skin. My husband keeps after me to take fish oil in capsules, and I really think it's helped keep stretch marks at bay during this pregnancy.

Plus, when I was a teenager I found I was gaining weight, and instead of cutting out sugar I cut out fat. My hormones were messed up for a long time as a result. My lesson was learned: eat the good fats!

BonafideLatina~ said...

Great tips DE!!! Thx.

I do my best to eat enough vegetables but sometimes it is tough. I travel for work so it is even tougher at times but I am working on getting better at it just need a kick in the butt to do it :)

Being Dominican myself I can relate it is very hard to eat healthy with our yummy food that is full of white rice and maduros but growing I never knew that too much of that was not good.

Ugochi said...

morning talk before work - love it!

and fruits are great. i am working on eating more myself!

Beauty 365
Beauty Every Day

Calming Corners said...

What a great post. I eat fruit all day everyday. I drink my green juice every morning, I am going to try the flax in there!

Anonymous said...

This is sooo right. When I ate better, not only was I thin but my hair grew like a weed and my skin was pretty good too.

seisbeauty said...

your tips are true and veryy helpful! :)

Anonymous said...

Eating right is so important. Ever try juices from the Goji plant? They help your skin, health and life span too. Three things in my every day diet: 2 cups of green tea, a small cup of Gochi juice, and a small piece salmon or 2 eggs. It's simple and it works.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...