DE Friend Rec: Amla Oil

A close Indian/Jamaican friend of mine has gorgeous thick long hair. Perfect in its luster, volume, and shine, I often get jealous staring at it. (Isn’t it funny how we often want what we don’t have!) She also has these shiny thick curls! Gosh I love her hair. You girlies know my secret for great hair-coconut oil. Well her secret is using Amla oil. She says that Amla oil is just as popular as coconut oil in India. In Ayurveda treatments (ancient Indian rituals) Amla oil is used on all of their hair products. They swear by its abilities to strengthen the hair, increase its growth, and make it shiny. I always say, the proof is in the pudding. My friend has a beautiful mane of hair that is full of shine and bounce-and she doesn’t even really take care of her hair that much but she never skips her morning application of Amla Oil. Have you used Amla oil? She gets hers from her indian grandmother but a product that contains both of our hair beauty secrets is Global Goddesses Coconut Amla Hair treatment.

Photobucket

Have you tried amla oil?

UPDATE: I'VE POSTED A VIDEO ON MY EXPERIENCE WITH AMLA OIL.HERE IT IS:



Have you tried Global Goddesses Coconut Amla hair treatment?


Hugs,

DE

10 comments:

Wes said...

I've never heard of Amla oil.. But the combination of both the Amla AND coconut oils is enticing ;-)

MakeupByRenRen said...

i still need to pick up my coconut oil, that's one of my new year's resolutions lol

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I've never tried Amla oil, but it sounds like it's something that I should look into!

Calming Corners said...

I have not tried Alma oil. I totally agree with Wes.

xo,
CC

Product Junkie Diva said...

I have not tried the product you mentioned but I do have amla oil and other oils mixed with amla. I have not had a problem with it yet, good stuff. However, I don't use it as frequently as I should.
PJD

Anonymous said...

I love Global Goddess Coconut Amla Hair Oil !!

I've been using it for almost 2 years now. I put just a couple of drops in the palm of my hands, rub it in and put it only on the lower part of my hair (ends) every night before I wrap my hair. All you need is to use a couple of drops and it gives the right amount of moisture, not greasy or heavy. My hair never sheds & I don't have split ends. It's kind of expensive, $45. But, I've been using the same bottle for the past 2 years and I've only used half of it so far. A little goes a long way. A good investment in my opinion. It's great :)

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of amla oil or tried it. I can use a product like that on my hair. It sounds fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I've never tried that particular brand but i've got some amla oil from an indian store and I like it. Coconut oil is one of the few oils that can actually penetrate the hair shaft and gives me great shine. The combo is probably really great, I love it mixed in my Vatika oil.

Jen said...

It's amazing!! You can buy the Global Goddess Coconut Amla oil here

http://www.globalgoddessbeauty.com/hair.html

Loreal said...

I've used Dabur Amla oil before, and once I found out that it had mineral oil, I stopped using it immediately, the only indian product I have been able to find in my nearest indian store without mineral oil is Sesa hair oil, it's $6 and it has all the same vitamins in Global Goddess oil and some more:) ...mineral oil does really suffocate the hair follicle and does not allow moisture into the hair shaft at all, that's bad:)

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...