Interviews: Tia Dantzler-Celebrity Makeup Artist


We love featuring amazing women on Beautylogic and we're so excited to introduce you to the brilliant Tia Dantzler. Tia  is one of the most sought after makeup artist around, having worked with not only  the president of the United States Barack Obama, but  celebrity clients like Jennifer Hudson, Maxwell, Kanye West and many more.  Her work can also be seen gracing the cover of Vogue, Glamour and many other publications. We're excited that Tia decided to talk beauty with us so without further ado, let's meet celebrity makeup artist Tia Dantzler.


1) How did you get started in Makeup?
I was asked to do makeup for a Bride, and reluctantly, I did and that's when I actually discovered my gift and I immediately started working behind the makeup counter to gain the necessary experience I needed to be a working Makeup Artist.
2) What are some common mistakes you see women doing with their makeup?
One mistake that I have seen with women, is finding the perfect foundation match to achieve that flawless look.  I suggest visiting your local cosmetic counters so you can actual apply the makeup and also get a second opinion.  When you purchase foundation from your local drugstores, buy a couple of shades so you can match perfectly and simply return the foundation that didn't work out.
3) This is a very competitive industry, how did you go from a regular makeup artist to a celebrity makeup artist?
I believe in working hard, being consistent and treating everyone that sits in my chair like a celebrity.  So I had a very organic progression into the entertainment industry.  I aimed at being the best at what I did and everything else fell right into place.  I truly believe that becoming a "Celebrity Makeup Artist" was apart of my destiny.
4) You worked with President Obama. How was he?
Receiving the call to work with President Barack Obama the 1st time was such a honor for me.  Both times were absolutely nerve wrecking however, each time President Barack Obama said something funny to ease my nervousness so that I could do my job.  It was truly some great experiences for me that I will not soon forget.
5) What is always always always in your makeup bag? 
One staple product that my kit can not survive without is Bobbi Brown's Creme Gel liner in Black Ink. 
6) What is in your makeup bag that is under $10.00?
I'm big on well groomed brows so I would have to say my Ardell Clear Brow Set which keeps your brows tamed and polished.
7) What is the one makeup product that you think all women should own?
One product that I believe every woman should own is MASCARA because it serves so many purposes depending on your needs.  Mascara can brings definition to the eyes, it opens up the eyes, it curls, lengthens, and thickens all at the same time.
8) What are some of the trends you see now in beauty?
One trend that I'm loving is the flawless barely there makeup look.  Skin that's breathable and glowing, fits in perfectly for the spring.
9) For newbies in makeup what resources can they use to learn more?
The best resource for "young" Makeup Artist is the internet. You can gain so much knowledge on the net whether it's researching your favorite Makeup Artist path to success, to finding a Makeup School in your area.  I also recommend going to the library do more research for your industry.
10) What advice would you give to young women trying to make it in the industry?
 My advice would be to work hard, study your craft, and to do all the free work you can so you gain knowledge and experience.
Thanks Tia, you're amazing. 
Big Hugs, 
DE 

0 comments:

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...