New Estee Lauder Pure Vivid Color Shine Lipstick Review + Estee Lauder Black Cassis Review & Swatches




How was your weekend, loves? Mine was fun, nothing crazy, just hanging with family and relaxing. I was supposed to do a segment last week, but it got rescheduled for tomorrow, so I prepped for that too. I hope your weekend was great and you spent time with those you love But, for now, let's get into beauty, and for now I'm talking Estee Lauder Pure Color Vivid Shine Lipstick for Fall 2012 and Estee Lauder Black Cassis Lipstick. Estee Lauder makes a very interesting claim with these new VIVID Shine lipsticks. For amplified color with unprecedented sparkling shine. Clusters of up to eight different shaped pearls cast diamond-like reflections. Silver and gold sparkle pearls neutralize lip tone. All looks great on every skin tone. "
That's a pretty bold statement to say that 16 shades look great on all skin tones. Now Estee Lauder sent me four of the Vivid Shine, so click below to see swatches and read my review.


From Left to Right; Black Cassis, Fireball, Gunmetal Luminizer, Forbidden Apple, Pink Riot




Black Cassis is actually from the Violet Underground 2012 collection (released in September).  For some reason I included it in this review. Unlike the other lipsticks, this one is matte. The color is a true deep wine. I usually don't wear matte lipsticks. Just not my preference. But I actually liked this one. This lipstick is very hydrating, and creamy. Feels very smooth on the lips and super opaque. I love how lightweight it feels even though it's very pigmented.  With one application, my lips were completely covered. I love how long it lasted too. A solid five hours without me having to touch up.





Estee Lauder Fireball is a stunning orange red (leans more toward orange) with silver sparkle. Orange reds and me get a long just fine and when they have a little sparkle, well then you know Milly is in love. Unlike Black Cassis, this lipstick is heavy on the shine, and sparkle and isn't as opaque, but like Black Cassis,  it is long-lasting.




Estee Lauder GunMetal Luminizer-When I posted this unusual color on my facebook wall, you girls had some interesting and hilarious comments.  My reader,  Angela C said she would only wear it during Halloween. My other reader Carol Knepp K  said it matched perfectly with her tin man costume (I spit out my juice after reading that one).  Others loved it, and my reader Erin S, said she would wear it over another lip color. I was a little on the fence with this one, and was shocked that Estee Lauder took such a bold plunge with such an unconventional shade. I woud describe GunMetal Luminizer as a sheer sparkly gray. But here's the kicker: I thought I would hate it, but actually I didn't mind it at all.  FYI: you  use this shade to intensify any lipstick colors you have. Anyway, here's me with it on: 




Estee Lauder Forbidden Apple-This one actually ended up being my favorite color. This shade is an opaque deep red magenta with silver and gold sparkle. So pretty!




Last but not least Estee Lauder Pink Riot-a medium sheer pink with bits of silver sparkle. I don't love pink lipsticks, but I  actually ended up digging this.






Here are swatches: 


Left to Right: Pink Riot, Forbidden Apple, Gunmetal Luminizer, Fireball, Black Cassis


I love how bold,  hydrating and super buildable these colors were. The collection contains sixteen lipsticks. Will you be getting any of these? If so, which ones?

Also, do you like the Black Cassis shade? I'm rocking it today. 




Hugs, 


Milly

13 comments:

MaquiLab said...

The shade are great :) And your ear rings, too :)

Huma said...

I wouldn't have expected such interesting and creative lipstick choices from Estee Lauder - but they have intrigued me! I definitely want to try them out now :)

Huma

brandalynfultononline.com said...

I love the look of these lipsticks! Will have to check them out! I am LOVING the comeback of lipsticks! I just talked about it on my blog as well. And yes, I would rock the Black Cassis!

Icedcaramellatte said...

I believe the luminizers are meant to transform other lipstick colors. They aren't meant to be worn alone.

Unknown said...

Black cassis color is very beautifull!!! I have to check if it's also a color for me.

Danielle said...

they ALL look good on you!

beautylogicblog said...

@eli thanks eli, they are Rachel Roy.

beautylogicblog said...

@huma i know right!

beautylogicblog said...

@brandalynfultonoline girl you know I never wear lipsticks. I'm all about them this season.

beautylogicblog said...

@icedcaramellatte yes I know! i found out after this post. I need to read pr releases. ha

beautylogicblog said...

@florencezafinosy i'm sure it would look stunning on you!

beautylogicblog said...

@danielle thanks babe! hugs,

Yvelette |Calming Corners said...

I like the fact that lipsticks are making a comeback. Great post. Want to try them out to see my new color match ;)

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...