Recession Replacement Thursday: Moisturizer

Here's a reader whose replaced her expensive moisturizer for a cheaper alternative:

Dear De,

I really love your blog. I find myself reading it a lot when I ‘m not feeling so great emotionally. Unfortunately, I was one of the people who lost their job at Bear Sterns. As an admin assistant, I had a pretty good life when things were going well. But, like thousands of others, I was let go. My unemployment is about to run out, and I’m wondering what my next step will be. I have 2 children, and this is a very scary thought. Enough with my sob story. Like you, I used to buy very expensive beauty crèmes, and other luxuries, but there is no way that can happen anymore. My old favorite moisturizer cost over $100.00. Not anymore. Three months ago, I went to Trader Joes, and the salesgirl recommended Jojoba Oil for moisture.

Photobucket


It was very inexpensive, but it was an oil so I was skeptical. The girl told me if I didn’t like it, I could return it. DE, I will never be without this. My skin has never looked better. Like you, I have very sensitive skin and I will break out if I use something that doesn’t react well. This oil is perfection. I have acne-prone skin, and when I first began using this, a little purging happened so I was nervous. But, after that my skin has never looked better. I’m close to 40, and the wrinkles aren’t showing nearly as much. My skin is clearer than it’s ever been, and it provides so much moisture without ever being greasy. I also use this to remove my makeup. It’s only $8.99 but a bottle can easily last you six months. I’m really happy with this. Thank you

Jessica

Jessica, thank you for sharing this. Please don’t feel despondent. The job market will improve soon, and I’m sure you will get something. I’m sending great wishes your way, and I’m sure my readers will too.

Big Hugs,

DE

6 comments:

hipshazel said...

Jessica I feel your pain! I've been going through the same thing (although I'm only taking care of myself), but things will get better. Trials only make us stronger! Keep the faith! I believe in keeping the circle of well wishes going...people have been praying (sending positive vibes)for/to me and I will definitely pray (send positive vibes) for/to you!

Anonymous said...

Oil for facial moisturizer? Sounds scary, but she is 40 with no wrinkles, must be working! I'll have to try that out.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,
Sending you some sister strength to get you over this rough patch.
Thank You for sharing your jojoba oil story, I brought that exact brand for my hair and never dreamed to put it on my oily acne prone skin. I will give it a try.

Please check back in to let us know of your good news~ Ana

Charlene said...

Jessica, thanks for sharing the power of another oil...i've been searching for an oil thats good for my skin and seeing you send this info is like God sent.

Have faith sister! Don't stop believing that great things are in store for you!

Beckie said...

Thanks for sharing this tip. We are all in this recession together and it is great when we help each other out!t

Phyllis Bourne said...

Good luck with the job search, Jessica. I hope by the time you read this you've already found a new one.

Thanks for passing along the moisturizer tip.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...