Preventing Stretchmarks

                                              So far so good!

A few years ago, I took a trip to Jamaica. While lounging on the georgeous beach, I remember spotting this woman. She walked around in her bikini as if she owned the beach. (I love confident women!) She was probably one of the most beautiful women I'd ever seen. Beautiful curly hair, blue eyes, just breath taking. Then I noticed her stomach. It was covered in stretchmarks. Loads and loads of pink stripes on her bronze skin. I remember being in awe of her because you could tell she didn't care. She walked the beach as if it was her territory, not insecure at all, that her stomach was loaded with those dark marks and not caring that people were staring. I love that confidence and that feeling of not caring what anyone thinks but I'd be lying to you if I said that I didn't care about stretchmarks, because I do, big time. Now that I am pregnant, I am doing everything in my power to prevent them.  Because I’m way darker than this woman, I know that  they would be a lot more pronounced on my skin. and because my skin has now stretched enormously, I am constantly oiling it up at night with different  oils in an attempt to prevent those dreaded marks.  (Hey you never know which one truly works.) Here are some oils that are available:


Carol's Daughter Sexy Belly


This product is loaded with Cocoa Buter, and shea butter, and jojoba oil. It's pretty light and absorbs immediately. The only thing I'm not too fond is the scent. I love a pretty scent. The scent kind of reminds me of playdoh. However, after a while it wanes down.

Weleda Pregnancy Body Oil
 
This is a blend of Almond Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, and Arnica Extract. It claims to keep the skin elastic and firm. I like that this product isn't overly greasy. and also absorbs quickly. The scent is a little strong, it kind of smells like a hint of Lavender essential oils-although I don't mind it, it may be strong for some.

Burt Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm
This is the richest one of the bunch. It's loaded with Olive oil, pumpkin oil, wheat germ oil, and soybean oil. You need to wait a few minutes before putting your clothes on before applying this because it will stain your clothes. The scent is light, pretty non existent.


Do you do anything to prevent stretchmarks?

If so, please share.

Hugs,

DE

2 comments:

Charlene said...

you know i've read no matter how you oil up, if its your genes....you're gonna get em! but i say we oil up anyway!!! like u, i'm using a bunch of stuff, i hope it works, cuz i already have stretch marks on my boobs even!

Anonymous said...

Awww you've got a gorgeous belly. Keep moisturizing!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...