Eve Salon-Rainforest Mani/Pedi Salon/Spa Review

Hey guys,

Before we get back to my scheduled post, I’d like to thank all of you readers from the bottom of my heart. I have never received so many emails, and words of encouragement from so many people. I still have not been able to read through all the emails that you guys have sent but you’re all wonderful, and if I could give each and every one of you a big hug, I would. Anyway, let’s talk beauty.

The Saturday before I delivered Lil Man (unexpectedly), I needed to get a mani/pedi STAT. You girls know how I feel about taking care of yourself. It’s a must! Don’t ever feel guilty about it. You deserve it. Eve Salon located on 8th street in Manhattan invited me to indulge in their summer Rainforest Renewal mani/pedicure, and woohoo, that’s just what I needed. First off, I was really impressed with Eve’s décor.


A gorgeous salon, with so many natural products, and they only carry two of my favorite nail polish brands, Zoya and Essie. 

Eve had all of the latest collections in stock too from Zoya’s Flash and Sparkle to Essie’s resort collection.  The salon is pretty well-known for their wax jobs but I had never gotten a mani/pedi done here.  My manicurist was this wonderful lady named Irina. I walked in, and the first thing I was offered was a Passion Fruit Margarita. Yum! Unfortunately since lil man was still inside me, I had to decline, but the margarita is included with all  rainforest mani/pedi services. The pedi begins like any standard pedi with cutting the nails, cuticles, etc.  But then Irina whipped out the Rainforest Restoration Passion Fruit Guava Scrub and that’s when the real fun began. 

She began rubbing my aching feet with it.  This scrub was definitely not abrasive, but it was strong enough so that as she was rubbing my foot with it, I felt as if I was in heaven. This was one of the best smelling scrubs ever. The delish fruity scent of this scrub permeated throughout the entire salon. I actually ended up ordering the scrub for myself online when I got home. 


After she washed off the scrub, she whipped out this delicious Acai Antioxidant Body crème, and gave me a gentle foot reflexology massage. I loved how knowledgeable Irina was about pregnant women. She knew that because I'm pregnant, I am not supposed to get very hard foot massages-that in itself can be dangerous to an unborn fetus.   Although she was gentle, the massage was incredibly refreshing for my 8 ½ month pregnant self and the stress that my feet had been feeling from carrying around my own extra weight and a seven pound human in me, was completely gone.  I ended up choosing Zoya’s Nefertiti on my feet, a stunning red, that even today, a week later, is still on my toes looking like I just got the pedicure done.  After she finished, the bottoms of my feet were soft and smooth as a baby's behind, my toes looked beautiful with Zoya’s Neferti, and I couldn’t wait for the mani.
  
The manicure began and when Irina began using the passion fruit scrub on my hands, I was in bliss. Since I type constantly, my hands carry a lot of pain especially in between my thumb and index finger. Irina really massaged that area using the Passion Fruit Scrub and Acai Creme and with her magic hands,  all of the stress from the months before melted away.



Is it just me, or is there something about a hand massage that can turn your whole life around? Lol, After she was done with the luxurious massage, I chose Zoya Happi for the color.


Zoya Happi is from Zoya's current Flash collection, and it's probably one of my favorite pinks.  Who knew two days later, one of the happiest days of my life would come to pass.

All in all, I would definitely recommend Eve Salon’s Rainforest Mani/pedi. This is a limited time summer offer so I suggest you girls grab it! The pedi is $40.00 and the mani is $20.00.

Eve Salon
55 West 8th Street
New York, NY 10011
(212) 807-8054

Hugs,

DE

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Hey DE!!!
I am so tempted to buy that scrub!! I want it! Gonna go check it out now =)

and again, CONGRATS!!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...