August Favorites

Hey guys,


It's been a while (about two weeks) since I've blogged. I've missed you guys big time, but I had a lot going on. Sadly, this blog had to suffer, but no more! Milly is back in action. Woohoo! Anyway, I hope you guys have been doing great. What's new in your world?  Today we're talking my August Favorites. These are products that I found myself using over and over again in August.  Products that I loved, loved, loved! Products that I would be faithful to if I could be! Unfortunately, because I'm a beauty blogger/editor, being faithful to any beauty product just can't happen. But, let's get into these goodies and why I love them.





Note: these will be quick reviews because I'll probably be doing full reviews of all of these in the upcoming weeks.

Hourglass Opaque Rouge in Raven $28.00-Wooh when I first applied this red lip, I can't tell you how sexy it made me feel!! This is truly my new fave orange red lippy. The interesting thing is this is matte which is never my first love. (Milly loves a good satin or glossy finish.) But when I tell you this stunning Opaque orange red matte lippy is the perfect orange red, I'm not kidding. I got so many compliments yesterday when wearing this red lippy on a trip to Macys and it last pretty long. A solid six hours before I had to apply (but I didn't drink or eat anything during that time). Here's a random fact about red for all you ladies. "In 2008, psychologist Andrew Elliot at the University of Rochester and colleagues showed that men perceive women in red to be more attractive and sexually desirable than those wearing other colors." Soure: here.


 Skinceuticals CE Ferulic $146.00-I recently had lunch with a dermatologist named Dr. Andrea Towers. This woman's skin was so amazing. She swears by the the Skinceuticals line and specifically the Vitamin C.  What I love about Skinceuticals  CE Ferulic is that it contains a Vitamin C 15% in a stable form, but it also contains Vitamin E which doubles the antioxidant properties (so this will help  tremendously on my journey to look 21 forever :-) )  Best thing: after I use this, my skin is freaking glowing.  I'm talking glowing, and my hyperpigmentation marks go away super quick. This is a bit expensive, but it's pretty amazing stuff. I used to swear by another Vitamin C product, but I think this may be my new fave.

 Neutrogena Healthy Skin Primer $12.99 -This primer feels like a light-weight moisturizer, but once applied you'll find that your skin looks a lot more even, and your makeup stays on all day. I  also love that it contains spf and soy. Neutrogena is really impressing me with their primers lately.

 Lancome Eye Illuminating Serum  $68.00-If you saw my segment on The Today Show (don't judge me for mentioning it every second of the day :-)) I talked about this product. I love it for a few reasons: 1) I haven't been sleeping well lately. Mr. Milly snores like a bull in heat, and I have been a bit stressed, so I've been waking up in the morning with puffy eyes. This contains not only the Genifique technology which is supposed to rebuild the proteins on your face you lose as a result of aging, but it also has this stainless steel massage applicator that feels great in the morning and contains caffeine and horse chestnut extract which help with constricting the blood vessels and depuffng my eyes almost instantly!! Plus this feels like silk on your face. Love.

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter Moonstone- $41.00. I absolutely love this product. I always remember how Scott Barnes (Jlo's makeup artist) told me, "A woman's skin should always glow. That makes her look younger."  I use this to highlight my cheekbones, and the bridge of my nose, but I also use this on my decolette area for a gorgeous shimmer. Looks so beautiful and not sparkly. (This is getting a separate review soon.)

Mally's Citychick in the Buff Palette $45.46-If you are looking for an amazing, and I mean amazing Neutral Eye palette with super pigmentation, and silky shadows that glide on like butter, you need this in your life. I'm doing a separate review soon, but this palette was my most used all of August. And look at that packaging!!! Wowza.

Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer $10.99-I was dying one morning when I couldn't find my Bobbi Brown concealer, so I picked this one up and I'm so glad I did. This covers all of my dark circles perfectly but also contains 2 concealers, a neutralizer and a powder so you can mix it to match and set it.  It's pretty fantastic, and very affordable.

L'oreal Infallible Gel Lacquer-$9.99-You guys need this liner. It goes on so smoothly, last all day, doesn't smudge and the navy color is so pretty. Plus the brush it comes with is great too.

Mor Cosmetics Lip Macaron -French Vanilla $10.00-I'm obsessed with lip balms, and this one is always in my bag. It keeps my lips moist and hydrated all day, and it smells so good.

Yes to Carrots Soothing Eye Makeup Remover Pads $6.99-One of the most annoying things ever is when I wash my face thoroughly, and my eye makeup is still on (especially my liner). What I love about this, is that with one wipe of these pads, all of my eye makeup is gone without having to tug or pull on the skin around my eye, and it doesn't irritate my eye area. I also get lash extensions so these are good too because you don't want to rub on the lashes too much when you clean your eye area or they can fall out. Love these.

So these are a few of my favorites. What were yours?

Hugs,

Milly





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Picks!!

Cocoa said...

The skinceuticals product sounds amazing (natural glow is what every girl is aiming for) but $150 is kind of steep! Less expensive products that achieve the same look would be ideal! Also looking forward to your individual review on the Shimmer product!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...