Summer Must Have-Philip Kingsley Swimcap

My boyfriend and I love to travel to the islands. There is truly nothing like it! From the white sand, crystal blue water, amazing food, gracious people, we can’t get enough. However, one thing about me you must know is although I love to swim, I’m scared to death of the damage that the ocean and pool water will do to my hair. When I used to go into the water, I would always slather a conditioner on my hair beforehand. But afterwards, my hair would still be left incredibly tangled and feel so rough. The worst part was when I would blow-dry my locks; they would look so disgustingly dull, without any shine at all. On my last trip to Jamaica, I never once entered the ocean, and I stayed in the 3-feet side of the pool the whole time (never allowing the chlorinated water to touch my tresses). However, I was recently introduced to a new product that has changed my life. Ladies and Jets, I introduce you to the Philip Kingsley Swimcap.

Photobucket


This miracle intensive formula guards against discoloration and damage caused by weathering from sun, chlorine, salt, water and wind. It's also a serious super conditioner for the hair. Apparently, it’s a well-know secret among glamorous swimmers. I did some research on Philip Kingsley and he’s been a world-renowned Trichologist (hair Doctor) for over fifty years. (He’s also the guy that coined the phrase “bad hair day.”) I tried the Swimcap yesterday when I went to the gym. I combed this thick cream through my hair before entering the pool. (Funny thing was I saw another woman applying it as well.) I was really nervous about putting my head under water, but I braved my fear, and ended up swimming twenty laps. When I got out of the water, my hair still felt very soft. But the best part was that after I washed and blow-dried my hair, it was super glossy, and so lustrous (very Pantene commercial looking). This product is a definite must have!

www.philipkingsley.com

7 comments:

Lindseysmom said...

This sounds great! I love swimming too but always wear a real swimcap-which looks horrible, I can't wait to get this. thanks.

Calming Corners said...

Thanks for telling us about this product. Love the water but my hair is my hold up. I am getting some before I go to St.Croix.

Mischo Beauty said...

Ok you're really making me want to try this one! Great post. BTW, you've been tagged! :)

BonafideLatina~ said...

Great! Can't wait to get it...I'm going away to Miami so this will come in handy...LOVE how you are showcasing Zoe and Dania...I am big fans of them!!!! DOMINICAN GIRL POWER ;-)

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!!!!! I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE! THANK YOU!!

Leela said...

Thanks for the suggestion, my girls and I are actually going to CAncun next Thurs, and i was just so scared thinking about how i was going to maintain my hair. Swimming caps dont stay, and there seem to be no leave in conditioner or anything that would bring it back to its normal state. But i will def look into this.

Product Junkie Diva said...

This product sounds awesome...great review.
Product Junkie Diva

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...