It's OK to Begin Again

I think one of the hardest things anyone can go through is a breakup. Seriously, the ending of a relationship is equivalent to a death. All of a sudden, someone you care about is completely out of your life and you are left alone to mourn. Last night a good friend of mine, I’ll call her “Miriam” called me in hysterics. Her long romance with her boyfriend had ended. I absolutely adored her boyfriend. Shoot, my whole clique of friends adored him, so this was a huge shock. We spoke for three hours and I did my best to try to console her, but there are no words that can ameliorate a pain so intense.

Today I was in Sephora when an orange Philosophy bottle 3-in-1 caught my eye. I’ve always been attracted to Philosophy; one because their products are amazing and two because of the wise sayings that are scripted on their bottles. The bottle was a tangerine 3-in-1 shower gel and bath gelee called Begin Again. I'm obsessed with Tangerines so I had to pick up two bottles, one for me and one for my sweet Miriam. I actually just finished showering with this delicious smelling, luxurious product and can still smell remnants of it on my skin (so incredibly yummy). But, I also loved the message on the bottle because it reminded me of what was going on with Miriam. I wanted to make sure and share it with you guys, my blogger buddies. Remember ladies, don't let another person control your happiness. Hugs, DE
Photobucket
you took the right road and ended up in the wrong place. begin again. you reached the top of a mountain only to find yourself at the bottom of a new one. begin again. you dotted every "i" and forgot to cross your "t's." begin again. you were at the wrong place at the wrong time and your life changed forever. begin again. you loved hard and lost big. begin again. you won the race but they gave first place to someone else. begin again. you followed your north star and ended up at the south pole. begin again

3 comments:

MissBianca said...

Here I go again with my loooong comments...so I'm also sad because my baby sister (18) just got her heart broken. I can relate mine was at 25 GOD was I hysterical and a lil ridiculous with it but I was let go basically and it hurt when he told me he moved on weeks later. That was seriously a pain I had never felt before because we had a good relationship that turned into "damn do I really know you?" because we were in love. I understand that sometimes being in a committed relationship cans seem a bit overwhelming for dudes especially when the couple lives together but sometimes they lose a good person. In my case my guy and I reunited after a year and a half which I believe let us grow - and we def grew apart but then one day we connected like never before and now we're better than ever but sometimes maybe God has someone better for you. I would tell your friend that sometimes we do need space from one another but if it's time for themselves not another person. It hurts and there will be a lot of tears and frustration but it only makes you stronger. Women can overcome anything! To touch on your fab Philosophy product, I picked up a 3-1 bottle of a peppermint scent a few months ago and regret not buying. Dope post :<)

BonafideLatina~ said...

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I am sure we have all been where 'Miriam' and MissBianca have. I know I have but it is always great to know that you have great friends to be there for you...I think the shower gel w. the wise words is a great gift. And although she's in great pain now eventually one day she'll learn the purpose of that relationship...

beautylogicblog said...

People come into your life for a reason. I've always learned a valuable lesson everytime I've been through a breakup. MissBianca, your sister will get over it soon enough. I had a horrible breakup at 18 and thought my life was over. It wasn't..

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...