THINK BIG OR DON'T THINK AT ALL

As you guys know, I’m a huge believer in positive thinking. Negative thoughts lead to nothing but negative experiences but positive thoughts can lead to amazing realities. It’s hard for many people to think positive when they’ve had so many negative experiences. My life hasn’t been always great (it’s still not) but I never allow that to get me down. I know as long as I believe in myself, and in my purpose, everything will come to place. This weekend though, I had a moment of self-doubt. Recent lay-offs in my industry had me really doubting my reporting dream, and left me wondering if maybe I was taking the right path. I started to research “safe” careers like nursing, and wondered if maybe I should stick to that instead. The doubts haunted me for around two hours but then I picked up one of my favorite books.


Photobucket

I read it all over again and realized how valuable this book was to me and of course DE had to share it. Yes the economy is bad, yes all industries are having lay offs but that has nothing to do with your abilities. After finishing this book (for the 20th time) my doubt disappeared immediately. I’m aware of the bad times but I’m also aware of my capabilities, and I know that the belief in myself, and in what I’m able to do, will lead me to find my way in this field. The book has so many powerful passages, that I’d like to share with you.

1) Eliminate the word impossible from your thinking and speaking vocabularies. Impossible is a failure word. The thought “it’s impossible.” sets of a chain reaction of other thoughts to prove you’re right.
2) Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, your mind will find the way to do it. Believing a solution paves the way to solution.
3) Don’t look at your faults and think to yourself, “Here’s another reason I’m a loser.” Instead view them as mistakes and think “Here’s another way to make me a bigger winner.”

This book is one of the most motivational books I’ve ever read (and I’ve read it many times.) Seriously, pick it up. You will love it.

HOW DO YOU KEEP YOURSELF MOTIVATED?

How was your weekend?

Hugs,
DE

12 comments:

justicefighter said...

OOOh DE, I am so glad that you posted this. I'm currently studying for the state bar examination and I was feeling down. I talk to my mom like everyday, questioning whether or not I made the right decision to become an attorney. This recession can get you down, but I'm glad that you had this piece of positivity. It helped to brighten my day!

BonafideLatina~ said...

That is sooo weird DE b/c I also too thought about nursing and maybe going back to school for Nursing since they are always needed and they provide steady income. I'm an accountant and I'm grateful for my job but my travel has gotten out of hand and I feel my life is out of control b/c of it. I am just too nervous to leave it right now and go for another non travel accounting job in this economy...I dont want to be the first to get the boot at a new job. I will remain positive though.
When I'm feeling down I just listen to happy music and just start to think about the great things and people I have in my life. So crazy job or not I will be okay :)

Glad that you picked yourself up! I have no doubt you will do well...look at Celines Toribio...she has been pushing her career in Media for many years and she will be in 2 films later this year or next year...it takes time and I know you will do well.

Calming Corners said...

I was thinking the same thing. Then I realized I amd living my dream. Against all odds it can be done. It is scary but with faith and determination anything can be done. Hang in there. You found your passion and you are doing wonderful! We all hit road blocks but it makes us stronger!


My motivation, historical figures, that light burning inside of me saying you are living your dream so don't stop and knowing that with out God I have no words or voice.
xo,
CC

yummy411 said...

omg thanks for the rec. i need this in my life. i need to go to the book store.

Unknown said...

Thank you for this post. Sometimes it feels like everything hits at once and I'm currently going through one of those cycles in my life. I have moments in the day when I start feeling defeated and unworthy. I have to remember that "this too shall pass" and I will come out a stronger and more compassionate person. Take a stand for yourself, even when others put you down for it. Stick with that reporting dream, we'll always need people reporting on the bad and good news in the press!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I have been a passive reader of your blog until now. I really enjoy reading your reviews as I think you write very well in a simplistic friendly kind of way.
It's funny I came to your blog today to read the piece you had written on following your dreams and you had talked about quitting your high paying finance job for reporting. I am an accountant and I just got blamed for something that honestly something that wasn't my mistake but a manager's. I am feeling miserable:-( I want to follow my dream which right now is to quit and spend time with my 8 month old baby. But due to the economic conditions I am scared. I came to read that piece to get the courage to follow my heart. And I found this article. I will read this book. Thanks DE! I wish you realize your dream because you have the courage to pursue it.
- G

beautylogicblog said...

@Justicefighter Pursue your dream! It will pay off!

beautylogicblog said...

@BonafideLatina I recently found out nursing isn't as in demand as we thought it was! A friend of mine graduated from nursing school last year and is still out of work.

beautylogicblog said...

@yummy411 glad I could help love.

beautylogicblog said...

@calmingcorners wonderful motivation

beautylogicblog said...

@toma Don't feel defeated and unworthy. You're amazing!

beautylogicblog said...

@Anonymous Your dream is beautiful! I hope you will accomplish it. Hugs,

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...