Women-What The Heck?

Photobucket

Lately I’m noticing a trend and it’s really sad to me. Women who no longer care if a man has a girlfriend. I had a girls night last night with two of my friends and both were lamenting that the men they were “seeing” weren’t ready to leave their girlfriends for them. The dinner ended really bad with me leaving in a huff. I was flabbergasted for a few reasons. The man who cheats on his lady is a huge jerk as well and should be knocked out, but if a woman knowingly knows that a man has a lady and continues to pursue him, what is that saying about her? Are you that insecure? You can’t find your own man? Don't you realize you'll be second best. That infuriates me. When Mr. DE and I are out, women constantly give him the eye. On the subway one woman even tried to give him her number in front of me. I almost died of laughter. Mr. DE just looked at her like she was nuts and told her to get a life. After me asking her if she was insane, she quickly and fearfully said (I was pissed!), “Oh, you two look alike, I thought you were brother/sister.” After laughing at her for her dumb excuse, I told her that she was a sad case, and to go get a self-esteem.

Women, why would you ever settle for being second best? I had a discussion with a male cheating friend of mine about it, and he said “Men will never respect or wife a woman who knowingly knows that we have a girlfriend, and still mess with us, but we’ll have fun with them, and then throw them out.” What happened to sisterhood? What happened to women sticking together? But most of all what happened to respect for yourself?

Would you ever date a man who you know has a girlfriend?

Why do you think some women do that?

Hugs,

DE

8 comments:

ceecee said...

That is so sad. Some people - the men who cheat and the side pieces - are a piece of work and have no self respect. That's all i can say about that. I've had occasions when married men stepped to me and I bolted. Cheating has never been and will never be a good look.

Natakue said...

i have no respect for cheaters, male or female. why would you knowingly put yourself in that situation? why would you want to be "that girl"? and don't you know what goes around comes back around? seriously, if this person ever leaves the gf/bf they're currently dating for you, do you really think he/she will be different with you and not cheat? uggh!! this kind of thing infuriates me. i give you major props for sticking to your principles and letting your friends know how you feel about what they are doing. it's a tough thing to do.

btw, by "you" i mean a general "you", not DE =)

Charlene said...

In true Jamaican spirit "TALK DI TINGS DEM" DE!!!!!! I feel the exact same way and I feel it for women who just don't love themselves enough to realize that any man who would have a woman and still be with you would do the same to you as well!!! AND you would be getting the backseat....aka second best, don't settle for that ladies!!

BonafideLatina~ said...

Hi DE...wow good topic and I would have felt the same way if I was you.

It is very sad but there are a lot of women that do not care...I dont know if maybe its b/c they are jaded and were cheated on so now they feel they can try and be the 'other woman' that makes them want to pursue attached men.

The topic infuriates me too...UGH!

Sistastrong said...

I think that some of the women who are willing to date men who are supposed to be "committed" have really low self-esteem. They don't feel worthy of having the love of only one man. They may also be afraid that there is no man who can love them enough. It's sad to say this, but a lot of women have lost their power, through whatever means. We are literally half of the world, but we don't realize our own strength. The saying goes that" We are our worst critic." In this case, we are right.

Anonymous said...

Oh DE, this is so sad. Yes, some women simply have little to no self-esteem and will throw themselves at ANY man (I say that loosely, because a man that cheats is not a man IMO)who will give them some attention. BUT, I have to come to realize that some people have a SUPER inflated sense of entitlement! There are those that feel that everybody in the world owes them something. If they want it, they feel they should have it....even if it belongs to someone else. In fact, some women get a rush/ego boost if they can "take a man from his woman". Don't get me wrong, ALL women are not this way! I think most women, in fact, do hold themselves to a much higher standard. BUT, that does not negate the fact that those other women do exist...and us REAL women have to got to watch out for them!

MJ said...

Sometimes I think competitiveness comes into it- some women like to feel they have the power to get a man's attention away from his gf/wife. Our culture really encourages this competitiveness. The women who are most sexually attractive are the winners, no matter how they behave.

I had a conversation about this with my husband just a couple of days ago- he accepted the friend request of a girl who used to chase him before we were married. He wanted to let her know he was taken, and we have a baby together, etc. He truly believes that once women know he's taken, they'll back off. Not always, though...

Anonymous said...

wow. . . still waiting on the hair tonic. . . sigh. . .

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...