NYC Dining -Ideya Restaurant




When friend to the blog actress Denise Vasi recommended restaurant Ideya as one of her favorite Latin spots in the city, I had to go and take a look. This weekend, hubby and I headed to Ideya  and we will definitely be back. The last Sunday of the month is Jamaican night, and Ideya had a live Jamaican band playing.



Jamaica is one of my favorite places on earth, and listening to this band reminded me of the many hours I spent on the beautiful beaches of Negril. The place is  medium size, and the crowd was  a great mix of good looking people. After researching Ideya, I heard they were known for having the best mojitos in New York.




Not the best, but pretty close. I ordered a delicious Pollo Asado which was a grilled marinated dark meat chicken, mango guacamole, and corn; arugula salad. This meal was beyond delicious. The chicken was cooked to perfection and the guacamole  reminded me of some that I had when I went to Mexico.


Hubby ordered a pork chop that was out of this world tender, and flavorful.

We then ended the night with the Flan. Let me tell you, Flan is one of the hardest things anyone can perfect, and this place gets it absolutely right. The flan was out of this world. With great food, fab crowd, and wonderful entertainment, Ideya gets very high marks.  

Ideya Restaurant
349 West Broadway
New York, Ny 
(212) 625-1441

1 comments:

BonafideLatina~ said...

Sounds DELISH!!! Will add to my to go list :)

Thanks!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...