GPB+Honeysuckle=Fabulous Hair

Recently one of my good friends decided to dye her hair from a healthy dark brown to blond. I tried to discourage her from doing it but nothing could change her mind. She was adamant about wanting a change for the summer. Not that I have anything against blond hair. Oh contraire! I think blond hair can be quite beautiful, but I also know that bleaching your hair can do some serious irreparable damage to your locks (and her hair was just soooooooooo pretty). Anyway, the day she colored her tresses, I went to pick her up from the salon. When I walked in, I found her in tears, and rightfully so. Her hair looked as if someone had thrown an electric device in her bath water. It was frizzy, full of cowlicks, incredibly dry looking, and just damaged-not good! Plus, because they had done such major work on her hair, it had a serious amount of breakage, so they had to cut almost 4 inches off-she was mortified. Not being one to say, “I told you so,” I took her home and tried to make her feel better, but to no avail. Before I left her, I recommended these two conditioners:
Aubrey GPB conditioner,
Photobucket
GPB stands for Glycogen Protein Balancing. This conditioner is packed full of protein to strengthen your locks. It's a very thick and creamy consistency, so sometimes you'll need to use your triceps to shake it out of the bottle, but i love it. The smell is so fresh and clean, and the best thing about this product is it's 100% natural.
The next one I recommended for after treating your hair with the GPB was
Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner
Photobucket
I really believe its important to always use a moisturizing conditioner after using such a potent protein treatment on your hair. This product leaves your hair so soft and moisturized and sooooo shiny. One of my best friend's daughter has type4a hair, and she swears by the moisturizing abilities of this conditioner as well. I also adore the smell of this-it's pure honeysuckle, yum!!! And again this product is 100% natural. Anyway, yesterday i went to meet my girlfriend at the gym. I hadn’t seen her since the bad dye job, and was shocked when she walked in looking as if she had stepped out of the pages of a Pantene Ad. Her once fried locks now resembled golden strands of silk. The shine was almost blinding. Her hair looked beautiful. Guess what she'd used...
www.aubreyorganics.com
Hugs,
DE

8 comments:

bombshell74 said...

You recommended the GPB to me last year and it worked wonders. I have to try the honeysuckle!

Wes said...

Oh wow- Thanks girl, I will definitely jot down the website and keep this in mind!! I haven't colored my hair in almost 3 years but I have been considering highlights lately.... Thanks for the heads up!

Product Junkie Diva said...

Hey Dominica Enigma,
Thanks so much. As soon as you mentioned 100% natural I was sold. There is a beauty supply store that I go to that sells this stuff but I never picked it up but now I will. I totally agree with you that after potent protein you need a moisturizer. I used MOP (modern organic products) extreme protein..whoa it was extreme indeed so I had no choice but to follow up with moisture moisture moisture. I can not wait to try this product.
Thanks so much.
Product Junkie Diva

Amina said...

i heard great reviews about both conditioners. I recently tried mosqueta rose and found it okay. Maybe it is because i am so used to Trader's Joe nourish spa slip or that i heard so many great reviews that my expectations were very high

either way, both conditioners are usually sold out at the local organic store.

beautylogicblog said...

Nywele, I'm not a fan of the mosqueta. It's not really that conditioning. these two will leave you with fab hair.

Nadege said...

I remember using GPB years ago but never the Honeysuckle. I still am not completely pleased with using Aphogee so this may be a great substitute.

Thanks for reminding me!

Mischo Beauty said...

Ok- so I love a beautiful blonde too- but I'm a colorist and for me it's more so the challenge of achieving the client's desired haircolor.... Anyway- you're absolutely right about following up a protein treatment with a moisturizing conditioner! Oh and depending on your friend's natural haircolor to begin with- she probably did some damage with going so light....

You already know that Aubrey products are on my list! :)

Anonymous said...

I have both of those products in my shower. Been using them off and on for years. And YES! You need strong arms to squeeze that stuff out of the bottle, especially the honeysuckle.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...