The Importance of Family and Friends 2

PhotobucketHalle Berry and her mom.

I’m very fortunate. No I’m not a gazillionare, not even close, but remember money does not bring anyone happiness. I also have amazing family and friends and an amazing man who still after five years, makes me tingle. Two weekends ago I went through a period of down time. Don’t we all go through those, where we ask ourselves if our dreams “can” come true. If maybe we’re just thinking too big and maybe we should just settle with out life as is. This is where the importance of friends and family come along. Because when I had those moments of self-doubt, my mother quickly woke me up. She admonished me for being down, and told me to “get it together.” She told me to make sure that I didn’t even think about settling. She told me as long as she was alive, she would make sure that I followed my dream. Then my friends came, and like my own personal cheerleading squad, told me all the reasons that they believed in me, and my goal and then Mr. DE chimed in. He encouraged my dream too.

EvaLongoria and girlfriends

Photobucket

After those pep talks, I felt back to the old me, and I felt victorious! My friends and family encouraged my dream, believed in my dream, and brought me back to reality. Family & friends are so important. They are everything. Sometimes when we forget our potential, they remind us of it. If you’re going through a period of loneliness or of downtime, please make sure to reach out to a family member or friend. I’m sure they’ll remind you of your abilities. But if you don’t have anyone, then by all means, make sure to e-mail me. Although I get a lot of e-mails, I make sure to spend three hours a day answering all of them. Mommy always says, it’s rude not to answer your mail.

The Smiths (cutest family ever, lol)
Photobucket

Just a few thoughts.

Hugs,

DE

4 comments:

Tamar said...

Great Post! I believe that family and friends are sooo important. I have a hard time believing people when they say that they don't need anyone in this world. Life is full of so many choices, some good and some bad and while we make those choices ourselves we always need someone to have our back.

Thank you for this!

BonafideLatina~ said...

Sooo true DE! :)
We believe in your dreams too!

ceecee said...

But D.E you never answer my emails! lol j/k

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great post! It's always good to reflect on the importance of your friends in your life. They bring so much peace of mind and enjoyment. Thanks for sharing!

I came upon this blog searching for thoughts about friendship. Thought you might enjoy it- http://burisonthecouch.wordpress.com/2010/01/21/a-friend-indeed/

Thanks for your post!

-Becky

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...