How I Made My Hair Grow

As a blogger, I get a lot of emails. Many of them from you reader/watchers, and there’s one question that I seem to get a lot. How can I grow my hair?
As I’ve mentioned before I had a lot of trouble growing my hair when I was younger.
But certain things I did, in my opinion, increased my hair growth. 
Please note: I’m not a medical professional. I’m not even in the health care field. I’m simply a girl who loves beauty and who did everything in her power to make her hair grow. I am now sharing what I did.  Take this advice at your own risk and don't send me hateful emails if it doesn't work for you. I hate those and delete them. Here's my list:

1)    Protein-Guess what your hair is, it’s protein. If you have a protein deficiency, your hair will probably not grow. Implement protein in your diet. Eat a hard boiled egg in the morning, drink a protein supplement, eat some grilled chicken, just figure out a way to get protein in your body and enough of it, so that you are not deficient.
2)    Trim-It’s important that your ends are healthy. Don't ever think that you can get around trimming your hair. My cousin grew her hair long for years. Guess what? Most of it was damaged. When she finally cut her hair, she went from having bra strap length hair to chin length. That's how much of her hair was damaged.If you don’t have healthy ends, your hair can grow, but it will grow  damaged. Get trims, at least twice a year.
3)    Protein mask, Make sure you’re also giving yourself protein mask. I love Aubrey’s Blue green Algae mask.


 I used it last week and it rocked my world. However, if you use a protein Mask, make sure that you finish it off with a good deep conditioner as protein alone can break the hair. A few  are Aubrey’s Honey suckle , Collective WellBeing, Jason Shine On Natural Apricot Conditioner . These are natural, and will rock your hair.
4)    Eat vitamin rich foods. I found once I implemented salads, and greens in my diet, my hair grew longer. If you don’t like the taste of salads, I advise you to take a green powder. I drink one every day and love it to pieces. Click here to see  the one I swear by. 
5)    Coconut Oil. Listen I love coconut oil. It may not work for everyone, but it worked for me. I’ve loved it since I tried it as a child. There’s scientific proof that it works. Click here for that.  If you want, get a bottle of spectrum unrefined coconut oil, once a week before you do your hair, massage your scalp with it and leave it on for a few hours. Then wash it out, and style your hair as usual. 
6)    Don’t stress. I have a friend who used to cry endlessly because her hair never grew. She hated her hair. Once she began learning to rock her short hair, and started embracing it, she stopped stressing, and guess what, her hair started growing. If stress can kill you, don’t you think it can stop your hair from growing too.
7)    Massage your scalp. It will stimulate your hair growth.
8)    Take Vitamin supplements specifically ones high in b vitamins which are necessary for growth. 
9) Try not to use anything with mineral oil. I hate mineral oil. It's a useless oil that in my opinion lays on your hair and just suffocates it. Not my thing at all. The sad thing is many ethnic products that are sold put it in their formulas. I never understood that. 

Hope this helps

Hugs, 

Milly

3 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for the tips! My hair is just past chin length on the sides and a few inches longer in the back, but I long for shoulder length hair all over. I look forward to trying your ideas.

Nikia said...

Ooh that Aubrey hair mask looks good, I must try.
Thank u so much for adding me to your blogroll. major appreciation xoxo

Juliana Reigal said...

LOVE Your tips!! It is funny, because I am right now with the Aubrey Organics mask in my hair... and I found your blog,because I was wondering if I can leave that for 8 hours in my hair, even it says 15 min. It`s because I put it in the morning (I mixed honey and a little olive oil) and I end up cleaning the house and spending all day with it.. well anyway, I love this product, this really does wonders in my hair.. I will try the other ones you listed, and start to eat the broiled eggs in the morning. Thanks for the post!!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...