Loren Ridinger-Our First Entrepemom

 I'm noticing something that makes me a little uncomfortable.  Many mothers seem to think that once their child arrives, their own dreams have to come to an end. In my opinion, there's nothing selfish about going after your dreams while being a great mom. I'm starting a new series here called Entrepemom. These are women who are balancing motherhood, making their dreams come true all while looking fabulous!

I'd like to introduce you to our first Entrepemom.

.

                             Loren and her daughter Amber
.

Her name is Loren Ridinger. She's the Senior Vice President of Market America, and the founder of Motives Cosmetics . She also has a great site called Loren's World where she dishes some great career and life advice.  Let's talk a little to Loren about how she balances motherhood and making her dreams come true.


How did you start Motives? 
Motives Cosmetics has been around for about 5 years, but it wasn’t until 2 years ago that I took over and reinvented the entire product line.  I wanted to create a collection that I felt comfortable using; a product that was better quality than Chanel and retails less than Mac Cosmetics.



How do you balance motherhood with being an entrepemom? 
Being a mom, wife, businesswoman and friend can be challenging at times, especially when it comes to juggling my personal time with my work life.  One thing I’ve learned is to set time aside for myself especially when it comes to my family. I try to protect my private time, that means when I’m with my daughter or my family I try not to take business calls or answer e-mails, I try to focus on things that are most important first, that means dropping unnecessary activities lastly prioritizing and staying organized.


                                                   Loren and her bestest Eva Longoria





What is your beauty regimen morning and night?
 
I make sure I take off my makeup if I have any before going to sleep, wash my face with Timeless Prescription face wash , apply Cellular Laboratories de-aging cream lastly I apply Matriskin which is a liquid collagen serum.

What beauty product can't you live without?
 
Matriskin Collagen Serum, Cellular laboratories de-aging cream , Motives lip plumper , Motives liquid powder foundation and Motives 10 years younger setting spray .

What beauty product do you think all women should own

                                                    Loren and her close friend Kim K



What beauty advice can you give us? 
Drink plenty of water, protect your skin by using sun block, sleep and don’t pick your pores.

What life advice can you give us (mothers)? 
Try to spend as much time as you can with your kids and family.  Enjoy and be present for anything you are doing at the moment, enjoy every second you spend with your kids and make sure to prioritize as family comes first.

What advice can you give to a mother who thinks her dream has to stop because of her child? Stay motivated.  I had my daughter Amber at a  young age. I had limited funds and lots of dreams, but I never stopped trying; always surrounded myself with very positive people and if I failed I only kept trying until I made it right. Believe in yourself, you are the key to your success and if you feel you can't or the world is just crumbling down, take a step back or a day off reenergize and try again. 

Thanks Loren for taking the time out of your very busy schedule to talk with Beautylogic.

If you want to be featured in our Entrepemom's section, or know anyone that does, please email me at beautylogicblog@yahoo.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a really great interview. I respect other moms that are doing things not just for themselves but also for their families.

My best, Lynn

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...