Book Rec Natures Beauty Secrets by Dawn Gallagher

 Natures Beauty Secrets Recipes for Beauty Treatments From The Worlds Best Spas by Dawn Gallagher.

I am such a Do It Yourself beauty Kind of Girl.
Yes I love getting pampered at a salon or spa, but when you have an eight month old, sometimes a girl just has no time to head to a salon/spa, and if you do go to the salon, you have to worry if your eight month old is going to cause a scene so usually it's just not worth it for me. I'd rather create a face or hair treatment at home that is affordable, gives me the freedom to watch my lil guy, and catch up on season 7 of Desperate Housewives.  Although I'm doing a lot more "do it yourself" remedies lately because of lil guy, I've always loved to create my own do it yourself hair mask or face mask or even lotions for my skin. Hubby is always telling me I should start my own product line. Anyway, I recently got my hands on a great book called Natures Beauty Secrets -Recipes for Beauty Treatments From The Worlds Best Spas. The author Dawn Gallagher has created recipes inspired from all the top spas around the world and translated them into simple treatments you can use at home. I feel like I learned so much from this book. She highlights so many spas around the world, the treatments,they offer and basically shows you how you can make the same treatments at home using kitchen ingredients. She also teaches you about essential oils, the best oils to use for your skin, a facial routine which she believes will lead to glowing skin, but she also highlights something that I always say, skin care and hair care begin from within, so it's important to incorporate nutritious foods in your diet. I love also, how she teaches us about the cultures of other countries. Like The Maasai of Kenya believe that true beauty is defined by your attitude toward life, rather than your physical assets. Isn't that beautiful! Anyway, here are some Do It Yourself treatments from the book that I've actually done before.



Bowl of Oats Face Scrub
Oatmeal is nourishing to the skin because it helps to relieve dryness, restore natural moisture balance, and heal minor skin irritations.
1-2 Tsp Oatmeal powdered in a blender
1-2 Tsp Witch Hazel
A few drops ofwater.

1) Place powdered oatmeal in a bowl
2) Dampen Oatmeal with a few drops of water, add witch hazel, blend into a paste
3) apply mask


Olive Oil Hair Treatment
1 Tbsp Olive Oil(use extra virgin and green olive oil is higher quality than yellow
1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Shower caps or a hot, wet towel

1) Warm Olive Oil
2) Gently massage into scalp and hair covering entire head.
3)Wrap head with twoplastic shower caps or a hot wet towel
4)Wait 15 to 20 minutes, then wash hair with herbal shampoo. Apply shampoo before wetting hair to cut down oil
5)Rinse with apple Cider Vinegar

All in all, although I had created a few of these recipes before reading this book, I found a lot that I hadn't. I also learned a lot. In short, I loved this book and highly recommend.

The book is set to be released in March,but you can preorder now here

Hugs,

Milly

Product provided by pr for review.

2 comments:

LaTonya said...

Great post! I love making my own hair and skin care products! I will definitely check out this book!

Catherine said...

Thanks for posting about this! I have been wanting to try making my own beauty products for a while now, but have no idea where to start. This sounds like a great book.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...