Tracy Reese Backstage: Mally Beauty & Spring Makeup Trends




I have a confession. I freaking love makeup artist Mally Roncal. Her energy is so magnetic and happy. The woman can instantly make a depressed person realize that their problems aren't that deep and life is amazing! When I found out she was doing the Tracy Reese makeup, I had to go, although my babysitter had canceled (as usual). So  I had to troop all the way to Brooklyn via subway (worst experience ever, people on NY Subways aren't very sympathetic to a screaming baby) to take Lil man to my aunt's house  before heading back to Manhattan but believe me seeing Mally is so worth it. Anyway, let's talk backstage beauty at Tracy Reese:

Mally wanted the girls to have a metallic healthy glow. Blush high on the cheek, blended up toward the cheekbone, marrying it with the eye. Skin was luminous fresh, dewy, every flaw covered. Lashes were curled, one coat on top, tons on bottom to open up the eye like a doll. No brows at all. She didn't shave them, she covered them with her Mally Luminous Glow giving it a high shine, high sparkle look. Deep coppery bronze eyeliner, blended with rosy taupe eyeshadow, very heavy ombre effect. Then of course, because it's Mally, she had to have a little glitter. All over the lid and on the cheekbone but just a sprinkle, not solid or packed on. The gloss was a little clear with a lit bit of pinkish, gold, bluish sparkle. Mally said the make up represented all woman, multifaceted, and hard to understand.


Although this was a Fall show, I asked Mally about Spring trends and she said this Spring it will be all about the 70's. (Haha i got my bell bottoms ready.) All about the bronzey coppery smokey eye, brows will be a little finer than usual and not as full, and for lips and cheeks, peach is the new pink.

Thanks Mally,

Hugs,

Milly

0 comments:

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...