Pedicure & Manicure Question

Hey Girls,

Recently,  I went to get a pedicure with a girlfriend of mine and she thought it was really strange that I bring my own tools when I get my pedicure/manicure done.  A few years back, I used to regularly go to a pedicure/manicure place around my house. Everything looked pretty clean and legit. I became very friendly with my pedicure girl, and she whispered to me one day right before beginning my pedicure, " The autoclave here does not work, and the owner hasn't fixed it." I was in shock. I was also incredibly scared after that. (I'm a bit of a hypochondriac.) Ever since then, I not only bring my own tools, but I also ask the people right before they do my pedicure to please wash the pedicure bin in front of me. (I did that when I was with my girlfriend and she was so embarrassed.) I've seen many pedicurist not wash the bin after someone gets out, then take another client, that's a breeding ground for fungus,and foot infections. yuke!

So I'm curious, do you bring your own pedicure/manicure tools when you get your nails done?

Are you a hypchondriac like me?

If you need tips on where to get pedicure tools, email me and I'll give you the web address where I got mine. 



Hugs,

Milly

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I do sometimes. I even bring my own polish because I once read that stated polishes in the salons harbor so much bacteria, and is used on who knows who. It's best to use your own everything.

You're not crazy

GlitteryGlitz said...

I'm right there with you. I bring my own tools and if I don't see the bowl being washed, I do ask that it be done. There is no embarrasment in being safe. Also I had to break up with my eyebrow lady, after she double dipped in the wax bowl with the SAME stick~ HORROR!!!

Ella Pretty Blog said...

I think bringing your own pedicure tools is a great idea.

I prefer doing my nails myself - I'd rather spend my "spa money" on massages..but the few times I get my nails done, I go to a really nice place. The pedicure costs $50 - but everything is super professional and clean (the tools are all wrapped in sterile packs - they wash the foot spa out in front of you with disinfectant - they throw away or give you the non-metal tools they used after the pedicure, along with free flip flops).

Liz said...

I totally agree I used to bring my own tools and they used to look at me with the meanest face suffice to say I stopped going there. Now the nail salon I go to you can purchase your own kit and they store it for you it's used only for you everytime you go there. That nail salon is more pricier than most but I think in the long run it's worth it better than catching an infection than save a few bucks

http://lizbeth612-onceuponashoe.blogspot.com/

Ms. G said...

I bring my own tools and sometimes my own nail polish. I also put tea tee oil on my nails and toes before I go to the salon as an extra layer of protection.

Darcy said...

You are not crazy, nor should you or your friend be embarrassed. After a friend of mine had to get hand surgery from a fungal infection she picked up at her local mani/pedi place.....I started bringing my own tools. I'm not taking any chances.

Jewelz said...

I've thought about it once or twice but always end up being lazy. Haven't had any problems yet though!

Check out my blog :)
http://iamjewelz.blogspot.com/

Candace Fykes said...

I am worse than you. I don't even get pedicures because of all the germs! I do it myself at home. I'm pretty good though I must admit. Guess hypochondria is good for something!

Rowena said...

I am totally with you. Could you please send me the link where you got your tools? Thanks!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...