Current Favorite Exfoliator: Kate Sommerville Exfolikate Acne Scrub





As you girls know, I've been suffering from acne because of breast feeding my lil cutie. As I told you girls before, I don't really care about the zits, because those can easily be remedied. I care more about the dark marks left behind. Those suck! Anyway, when we interviewed Esthetician Cecelia Wong she told us exfoliating was key to the marks dissapearing. For the last 5 weeks on the days I don't use my Clarisonic, I've been using Kate Sommervile Exfolikate Acne, and I do love it. This contains Salicylic Acid, and Tea Tree Oil to help with existing acne, and prevent new acne from forming,  Alpha Hydroxy Acids and fruit enzymes to help with the dark marks. This is a blue scrub, that is not at all abrasive on the skin. I hate abrasive scubs. I can't deny that using this twice a week really helped my skin. I found my dark marks going away a lot faster (but honestly that could be from my persistent use of glycolics) and my skin had a really beautiful glow and this does not dry out your skin at all. My  qualm with this is $65.00 is a lot of cash. But  I definetly saw a difference after using it. Since they recommend using it only once or twice a week, it will last a pretty long time. I still have plenty.

What do you use to exfoliate?

Don't you hate those dark acne marks?

Hugs,

Milly

Product provided by pr for review

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

What are your thoughts about a chemical peel for us dark skin girls?

GlitteryGlitz said...

@ Tiffany- my dermatologist has mixed feelings on chem peels for WOC, because the healing process after a peel might cause "EVEN MORE" discoloration.
I am going to stick to the slow & steady route of exfoliating and the use of Retin A, salicylic and glycolics.

Shawanna said...

@Tiffany - I got a chemical about 5 years ago. I did notice some brightening of my skin but at $200 a session, I didn't continue on (it was recommended that you have 5 or 6 sessions). That was a financial committment I wasn't willing to make. My dermatologist prefers the chemical peels to the microdermabrasions on WOC, although she does both.

Right now I am using Bliss facial scrub twice a week (around $40 but a little goes a long was so it lasts a while - or it least it used to until my husband discovered it). I also use these chemical peel pads from Origins twice a week as well (around $35 or so) and Even Better serum from Clinique ($50 or so) twice a day. It is a slow and steady route but it has definitley yielded results.

Anonymous said...

I am 32 years old and have been suffering from VERY oily, acne prone skin since I was a teen. I have tried everything under the sun, proactiv, clinique, accutane, retin a, you name it I did it, but to no avail, I still had break outs and oily skin. One day I was shopping and saw this Shielo Anti-Aging Complexion Scrub and decided, what the heck, I have nothing to lose.

My skin cleared up completely within 2 DAYS people! It's smooth,clear, and a lot less oily. I will never use anything else again. Thank you Shielo for this product!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...