Beauty Secrets

As you guys know I don’t believe if you pay a gazillion dollars for a product it has to be better than something that’s $5.00. Some of the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen with the shiniest hair, clearest and smoothest skin, and long healthy nails have been in the poor towns of my homeland –Dominican Republic. I love celebrity make-up artist Shalini Vadhera’s book Passport To Beauty.

Photobucket

This book takes us around the world, and introduces us to different cultures and their very inexpensive beauty secrets. Let me share some with you:

1) For smooth skin Mexican woman take coarse sea salt, rubbing it into their bodies and letting it mix with the water.
2) Chilean women keep their skin fabulous using white grapes and 1 teaspoon of white flour. They mash it up and it makes an excellent mask.!
3) Dominican women pour seltzer water onto their hair after a shower for straighter shinier hair. (I never knew this) lol
4) For long shiny thick hair Indian women give themselves a lush hot coconut oil scalp massage once a week. Nothing keeps their hair better. (i've told you about my coconut oil addiction many times)
5) Women of Fiji take coconut oil and pure organic sugar and use it to exfoliate their skin. (again my coconut oil addiction)


What are some of your beauty secrets?

Please Share them with us!

Here are some of mine:

DE Beauty Secret 1
Beauty Secret 2

Hugs,

DE

12 comments:

Product Junkie Diva said...

WOW i love these secrets.
I like coconut oil also for various things but I think water is the best kept secret.
product Junkie Diva

Phyllis Bourne said...

I went directly to Amazon to order this book. Thanks for the telling us about it!!!!!

Despite my cabinets full of beauty products, I think nothing makes you look better than a good workout.

MakeupByRenRen said...

great tips! i dont have any natural beauty ones...except i reach for my olive oil to remove makeup?

by the way...i got the jergens express tan last night...oh my god, just after one day i can see my legs looking fab. thanks girl!

BeautyinBaltimore said...

Queen Helen's face masks. Those thing do wonders in 15 minutes.

To get rid of dry skin on my lips: 1.I smear vasline.
2. Use a wash cloth diped in warm water and swirl it around my lips for about 2-3 minutes. After you've finished, your lips will be so soft and flake free.

MyFashionAddictions said...

hey, i was looking thru your older blog posts. you have some very useful stuff.:)
i was wondering: do you still stay far away from sodium laureth sulfate in shampoos?

my beauty secret i'd have to say is...
**sleep.
**water.
**healthy diet (less fried stuff, more fruits and veggies raw, the basics.)
**working out helps boost circulation, which helps lessen dark under eye circles, makes skin glow, etc.
**egg white is great for drying up an occasional pimple.
**milk is a great moisturizer and skin cleanser.

500 Goes Vegan said...

Vaseline makes a great eyelash conditioner...smear some on at night....and Voila!

Luxe Tips said...

Olive Oil, Olive Oil, and Olive Oil. Extra Virgin Olive Oil to be exact. Read my review of it at www.luxetip.com. Great body and hair moisturizer. Also great anti-aging treatment for your face and neck!

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Looks like I need to get some coconut oil!! :-)

Thanks for sharing!

Katrina said...

I'm with you on the coconut oil! That stuff is pure gold. It even makes a great face cream.

MyFashionAddictions said...

ok lol.. now i need coconut oil even more badly!
i also use olive oil as eyeshadow and make up remover.

and use vaseline as a daily eyelash conditioner instead of mascara... mascara makes my lashes fall (waterproof etc) and i have long lashes so i would rather keep them thick. it's also a great lip balm/gloss

Mischo Beauty said...

Love the post! I'll have to check out this book. I love keeping it simple with regards to beauty- my tips include: sleep, fresh green vegetables, and water- oh and a really good multi-vitamin. And I'm with you on the coconut oil!

Anonymous said...

I love all these tips. I think women of other countries have the prettiest brown skin. Like Dominican women and women of Africa.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...