BLOGGER BEAUTY OF THE WEEK

Photobucket

Today we're featuring Karla of Brown Girl Gumbo as my blogger Beauty of the Week. Karla is originally from Chi Town but she came to New York five years ago to pursue her dream of becoming a magazine editor. (love love love this).She began interning at the now defunct Honey Magazine and then went on to work at People Magazine in the photo Department. After that she landed a position in Parade Magazine as an Associate Photo Editor but with her blog, she's able to come back to her first love, which is writing! Ladies and Gets, my beauty of the Week, Karla of Brown Girl Gumbo.

What's your beauty regimen morning and night?

First I
> Wash my face with lukewarm water along with a bit of Cetaphil cleanser Photobucket.
I have to use soft wash cloths since I realized that hard, scratchy ones irritate my skin. I then liberally apply Oil of Olay daily moisturizer Photobucket. I then repeat it again at night and then the next day!!

What's the deal with your makeup?
> I use a bit of Dermablend concealer
Photobucket
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara,
Photobucket
Revlon Colorstay eyeliner
,Photobucket Tarte cheek stain in FlushPhotobucket or in "TIckled" Photobucket or
Jane Iredale's cream blush in "Clarity" Photobucket and too many lip gloss
variations to name! I'm not a foundation or eye-shadow girl, so I never wear those.
What beauty products can't you live without?

I definitely can't live without my Maybelline Great Lash mascara in
"Blackest Black!"
Photobucket I guess the next thing would be my lip-glosses!!

What beauty advice can you give us?
I would say, don't wear too much makeup everyday, it ages you and takes
a way from your natural beauty. I know that I love makeup, but I try to
not let it overpower my look. On special occasions it's fun to play it
up a bit, but I prefer a fresh look on a daily basis. Oh and
MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE and MOISTURIZE!!!


What is the best advice that someone has given you?
The best advice I've been given was to always be myself and that you
can't please everybody so don't try. This boy who I was in "love" with
in high school told me that and I've never forgotten it.


Thanks K,

Hugs,
D

11 comments:

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Thanks for the interview!! :-)

Calming Corners said...

Awesome interview. Love to hear of great talented people following their dreams!

Product Junkie Diva said...

BGG ROCKS! Love her blog. I hope she realizes that she can never stop blogging...I need my posts..lol
Product Junkie Diva

Wes said...

Aww... A great interview on one of my favorite bloggers!!!

the beautynista said...

gr8 advice from that high school love...words to live by...

LBIC said...

Awesome interview! And who doesn't love blackest black mascara. It's my favorite and pretty much the only one I use.

Couture Carrie said...

Stunning look in the black asymmetrical dress!
I use Cetaphil, too :)

B said...

Wonderful interview!! BGG! Forever my blog sis!

Mischo Beauty said...

Awwww- I love BGG's blog! And she's from the midwest too!!! Loving that she moved to NYC to follow her dreams. :)

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

@B - Aww thanks!! You know I love you too!

@Mischo Beauty - The Midwest rules!!! LOL!

yummy411 said...

great interview.. i love bgg!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...