Broken Hearted-Don't be!!

(Warning: this post has nothing to do with beauty. )Four of my friends have been going through breakups in the last month. They have been so depressed and it kills me to see them like that. I’m an incredibly sensitive person (could be because I’m a Cancer) so I’ve been trying to be there for my buddies the best I can by e-mailing them funny stories, jokes, taking them to their favorite restaurants- nothing seems to work. Anyway, while I was in Chicago, I remembered a book that I had read a while back called ‘It’s Called a Break-Up Because It’s Broken.”

Photobucket

I immediately bought each of them four copies and had them promptly fedexed. I re-read the book myself, and had to recommend it to you guys. This has to be one of the best books ever written for anyone going through a break-up. It’s written by the same guy who wrote the book “He’s Just Not that Into You” but this time his wife is a cowriter. The book is really empowering and you honestly feel like they are talking to you and helping you go through the break-up. It’s also one of the funniest books I’ve read. They include something called “Psyho Confessionals” where readers write about the crazy things that they did after their breakups. (I’ve got my own stories for days.) But it also makes you aware that although a break-up is difficult, it’s not the end of your world, or your life and it gives you this message in an incredibly humorous way. (Darnit, because it was so effective in making me feel like I didn’t need anyone, I was tempted to dump my boyfriend of four years after reading this, lol, j/k). If you know someone going through a break-up or you yourself are going though one, get this book, but if you don’t get it, remember this advice that mommy always told me: “No one should ever control your happiness, and if someone else doesn’t realize how wonderful you are then something is wrong with them not with you.”

Do you have any psycho confessionals?


What do you do to get over a break-up?


Hugs,

DE

10 comments:

Wes said...

Great topic... I love Greg Behrendt. A few years ago when I was on the singles scene, I got his book "He's Just Not that into You". Not only was it brutally honest and straightforward but it was funny! That book helped me get rid of the "zeros" which allowed me to find my true hero.

BonafideLatina~ said...

I read this book and 'He's Just Not that Into You' both great easy fast reads..enjoyed them both.

Aww Wes that was so sweet what you said about your 'HERO.' :)

As for me when I broke up w. my last ex I just started to focus more on me and rebuild my friendships and just had fun and along the way without me looking came THE MAN :)

MakeupByRenRen said...

wow this is definitelya helpful post. i wish i knew about this book when my friend was going through a break-up! i ready "he's just not that into you" too. i think it helps to have ppl around you...to talk to and get the poison out of your system...that's what helped me...

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I have this book, but have never gotten around to reading it. Thanks for putting it back on my radar!!

♔Jaimie said...

That book looks so good! I definitely know a few people im gonna give it too lol. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Roselyn said...

Whew...that was an easy sell DE! Just ordered it off of Amazon, I cant wait to get it!

Product Junkie Diva said...

Great non beauty post! I saw Greg when he was on Oprah when he was riding the fame of "He's just not that into you", I never read the book but it seemed like a good read. He was very honest with some women in the audience..lol
PJD

Wes said...

@ Bonafidelatina: That's how it ALWAYS happens!! Just when I had 'cleaned out the closet' and was ok w/ just being me and being by myself that's when I found him.

Mischo Beauty said...

Uh oh- looks like I need to get this one! ;)

Ugochi said...

great post!

Beauty 365
Beauty Every Day

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...