Oils 101-Argan Oil

You guys know how psycho in love I am with my hair, and how much I adore using natural oils to keep her pretty. But with all these different oils to choose from, how do you know what's right for you or which ones really work or are just hype? Once a week, we'll talk about a specific oil. This week we begin with Argan Oil.



Argan oil has taken the US hair industry by storm. It's an incredibly rare oil only available only in the southwestern part of Morrocco. It grows from the seeds of the argan tree. Loaded with vitamin E, squalene, essential fatty acids ( so great for the hair and skin) this oil is truly wondrous. Berber women (group indigenous to morocco) are responsible for the production of the oil which is a lengthy and arduous process. A great benefit of the increased popularity of the oil is that these poor and hardworking women are now being represented by many women groups, and are getting many benefits including health care and education. I'm loving that this product not only works for beauty, but helps to fight poverty in Morocco.

I adore Argan oil, and it's nutritional value can't be denied.Although many of us just use it for the hair, it is also known for doing wonders on the skin. Here are a few products that contain Argan oil.


Derm organic Sulfate Free Argan Oil Shampoo


Photobucket
I haven't tried this yet, but have heard great things, and plan to get my hands on it.

Macadamia Oil

Photobucket

This oil is a mixture of Argan and Macadamia oil, and works some serious pretty on the hair.

Josie Maran Argan Oil Stick 
Photobucket
I keep this in my bag at all times. I use it to moisturize my lips, my hands, my legs. It's organic like most of Josie's stuff, and is great. 

Kaeline Firming Night Cream
Photobucket
Haven't tried this yet, but I'll have to get my hands on it soon. Loaded with not only Argan oil, but jasmine oil and other essential oils,  this night time treatment sounds like it's just what my skin needs.

MoroccanOil-Styling Treatment
 
Photobucket
This is one of the more popular formulations. I've tried it and loved it.  



Have you tried Argan Oil?

Do you love it?

While I was doing research for this, I realized there are so many brands that are now incorporating Argan Oil in their products. Love it.

Hugs,

DE

4 comments:

Vanessa S said...

Yes, I have tried Moroccan/Argan Oil and yes, I do love it!!! It is a light oil that does not weigh down my hair. I use the Kiele's Argan oil and I have used the Morocanoil brand.

fantastic said...

i was just working on a post about this oil :) i use the josie maran stick (keep it in the purse too..it's saved me too many times), and also moroccan oil. i like the look of these other ones :)

i too, am oil-obsessed!

Calming said...

Yes, I love it... It is right up there with my coconut oil. In the process of working on a post aobout this too!

xo,
CC

Anonymous said...

How does this compare to coconut oil? Is it as good?

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...