Butter Spring/Summer 2012 Collection Review and Swatches



It snowed this weekend. I wasn't too thrilled about that. I'm so not a snow lover. In fact, I really just dislike the cold in general. Spring weather makes me so happy,  and spring nail polish makes me even happier. Butter's new spring collection is making me super happy. The collection contains all types of colors from  cantaloupe, pistachio, turquoise, and a tropical hot pink. Anyway, Butter sent over two of the shades. Click Below to see swatches and see my review:




Butter Disco Biscuit-A very pretty tropical hot pink with tiny green glitter particles. I really like this, and don't own a polish like it. Although this applied really well, I can honestly say that this needed three coats to look finished. Here's three coats:



Butter Trout Pout- An opaque shade of cantaloupe. Quite possibly my fave color for the spring. So beautiful on tan skin. You can get away with one coat with this, as it's a very opaque color, but I did two.

I like these shades. I found that they applied without streaks, although with Disco Biscuit, I could have stayed with two coats, but three just gave it the finished look that I loved. Here's two interesting facts. Disco Biscuit is  a 90's term for ecstasy tablet and Trout Pout is cruel slang for women who have overdone the collagen in their lips, leaving them with a rather fishy face.

All in all, interesting names, really pretty polishes.

What do you think of this collection?
What do you think of the names?

Hugs,

Milly

2 comments:

kepsgrl said...

I think of all the spring polishes you have reviewed - these are my two favorite colors! Big fan of Disco Biscuit

beautylogicblog said...

@kepsgirl I'm so obsessed with that Cantaloupe color.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...