Therapy Thursdays: Sometimes the Best Things in Life Are the Things You Don't Plan.



Exactly seven years ago today, I woke up extremely annoyed.  That night I was supposed to be going on a blind date. Truthfully, I was tired of getting set up on dates. Lately, everyone and their mama was trying to set me up and it was becoming super annoying and so uncomfortable. For 2005, one of my new years resolution was never to go on  a blind date again. But my friend kept insisting that I meet this guy. Apparently he was wickedly smart, funny and resembled The Rock. I'd heard all of that before (well except the Rock part) and wasn't too interested. But just to make my friend happy, I decided to go. That night I was meeting the guy in the city. An hour before the date was to begin, my roommate walked into the apartment. I was having a lazy day, still in my pajamas watching reruns of The Golden Girls. She asked me, "Aren't you supposed to be getting ready for your date?" I responded, "Girl, I"m pretty sure this will be nothing"  She said, "Stop thinking like that, this may be the best date ever. Get ready!" I shrugged my shoulders and continued to watch my fave girls: Rose, Dorothy, Blanche and Sophia. About 15 minutes later, I decided maybe I should get ready. So I threw on an old shirt and jeans, put my hair in a bun, and was about to leave but for some reason something told me to head back, change and actually try to look decent.  So I did.
Click below to read about my first date with Mr. Milly.



Getting Married
When I arrived at our meeting spot (30 minutes late) I didn't see this mystery man. (FYI, Mr Milly had wanted to pick me up at home, but since I didn't know him, I asked him to meet me at a public location.)  But then I turned around, and wooh!!! I was greeted by the most beautiful man I'd ever seen. My friend wasn't lying when he told me he resembled The Rock, but he was so much better. Same body too. Anyway, he smiled at me, and I almost melted.  To make a long story short, we had the best date ever. (Although Mr. Milly often tells me he didn't even know I liked him because I played it super cool.) After that amazing first date, I knew I could fall in love with him. We had way too much in common. He was super funny, and so brilliant, and come on, he looked like The Rock (my crush for years.). But I didn't want to fall in love. That wasn't in my plan for 2005.  2005 was the year where I focused on figuring out my path. So I decided to never call him again or take his calls. So he called me..and called me.....and called me, but I never picked up the phone. Believe me, It was super hard, but when I resolve to do something, I do it. Finally about a month later (he was persistent) he got me on the phone,  and we ended up  speaking for hours. At the end of our conversation, he asked if he could see me again.  I told him that I would prefer that we didn't. It wasn't in my plans to see anyone for 2005. He told me. "Sometimes the best things in life, are the things you don't plan." Seven years later today, married, and more in love than ever, I'd have to agree.

In life we all make plans for ourselves, whether it's in our career, in our personal lives, things that we say we will never do, or we will do, but sometimes the unexpected can happen. Maybe you'll meet someone that's totally not your type. Maybe a new opportunity will come your way that you're not too sure about. Don't automatically dismiss it or them, because in the end,  you may lose out on the best thing for you.

Happy Anniversary to my teddy bear.

Love you to pieces.

Thanks for showing me what love is.


Hugs,

Milly

41 comments:

B said...

Awww, such a beautiful love story. I LOVE it! Happy Anniversary to you two!

laurute said...

Lovely! I love your blog, but Therapy Thursdays section most of all! :)))

Nikia said...

How sweet. Happy Anniversary guys :-)

Racquel Simone said...

Awwww That was so beautiful! Awesome advice. Congrats & happy anniversary!

Holly said...

Happy Anniversary Milly and Mr. Milly. May your love continue to grow.

Unknown said...

Aww, Milly and Mr. Milly! How sweet... Happy Anniversary! How's lil' man?

BonafideLatina~ said...

Awwww what a beautiful story!!!!!!! Happy Anniversary!!!! :)

Nicole Nightly said...

AWWW This post actually made me tear, Im such a sap lol! He's lucky to have you in his life, you're such a gorgeous intelligent woman. Happy Anniversary!!! <3

Havilland said...

Great story! Happy anniversary!

Clariza said...

Aww, what a great story! Your son is gonna love hearing this story when he gets older...I wish u n mr.milly a beautiful new year together, full of love, passion and fun!
K dios los bendiga.xxo!!!

Leiry said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Milly.

Anonymous said...

Awwww. That's so sweet. Btw, how is Lil' Man doing?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jro327 said...

What an awesome story..Happy Anniversary to the two of you and many more!

gg said...

Sniff Sniff
awwwwwww
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
I havent met my teddy bear yet but, you give me hope.
ps i have an aunt who feels like its her mission in life to find my mr. right so she sends me on blind dates with every guy she meets. Lol

Anonymous said...

So happy for you doll. The Rock is hot!!!! What do you do if you're stuck with a guy who has everything but you're not satisfied in the sheets? Basically my ex is great but not satisfied sexually but the new guy I'm dating is great also, kind of has a temper but sex with him is amazing. My ex wants to get back with me, i'm 29 and they're both 2 great guys but I don't know who to choose. Please help doll!!

also, love your blog, please tell me how you got started! you inspire me to start my own one day! xoxo

Ms. G said...

Happy Anniversary Milly! Beautiful story.

Sherry B. said...

Oh, Milly, that was so romantic! (le sigh!)

Xoxo ☺ said...

Love it! I love reading love stories! Happy Anniversary! & it's so true what your hubby told you . "Sometimes the best things in life, are the things you don't plan." xo

Anonymous said...

that is very true, congragulation...

beautylogicblog said...

@B Thanks B, I appreciate it!

beautylogicblog said...

@laurute thank you Laurute. I really appreciate you reading.

beautylogicblog said...

@nikia thanks love, how's your little girl?

beautylogicblog said...

@racquel Simone Thanks hon!

beautylogicblog said...

@Holly Aww Holly, thank you so much. That means a lot to me.

beautylogicblog said...

@tiffany he's great. very big and strong. saying so many words. So cute. just beautiful. How are you?

beautylogicblog said...

@bonafidelatina thanks love.

beautylogicblog said...

@nicolenightly I adore you hon. Thank you so much for your kind words.

beautylogicblog said...

@havilland thank you

beautylogicblog said...

@clariza thanks manita. Hugs!

beautylogicblog said...

@leiry thank you hon!

beautylogicblog said...

@jro327 thanks hon

beautylogicblog said...

@gg you will meet him when the time is right. But first make sure you get over that breakup! Hugs

beautylogicblog said...

@anonymous if your ex is bad in the sheets, there are ways to teach him how to rock your world. In fact men love to be taught. Do it in a very sexy way. Maybe right before action, you guide his hands and tell him what to do, but look him in the eyes while doing it. Eyecontact is key. Also talk dirty while doing it. Men love that.

Now, as to who to pick, the question you have to ask yourself is, Who am I happier with? There has to be one you are happier with. Who makes you smile when they call you? Who do you think about more. There's the answer to your question.

beautylogicblog said...

Ms. G thanks hon!

beautylogicblog said...

@sherry you're funny. thanks!

beautylogicblog said...

@xoxo thanks hon.

Vickie said...

Awe, that was so sweet, Milly! What a beautiful story about you and your hubby! Happy anniversary to you both! Enjoy!

al-x said...

That is sooo romantic!

Unknown said...

Aww Milly!! What a beautiful story...I'm so happy your Mr. Milly was persistent, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

In tears again, reading your blog. This is an amazing story ! I love it !

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...