Revlon Photoready Color Correcting Primer Review



I"m a huge fan of primers. So when I recently went to the drugstore and saw Revlon's display for their new new Revlon Photoready Color Correcting Primer, and their new Photoready airbrush makeup (which I picked up as well and will review later), for only $13.00 bucks well I had to get my hands on both of them. The primer I use a lot is  Smashbox Color Correcting primer because I suffer from slight hyperpigmentation on my cheeks. Click below to read my full review on Revlon's Photoready Color Correcting Primer:



When compared to  Smashbox, the consistency of the Revlon's is  more of a creamier texure. 


The Smashbox one seems a bit lighter. When I applied Revlon's Color Corrective Primer, I noticed that my skin doesn't have a silicone feeling to it like the Smashbox. It feels more like I applied a lotion to my face and it also left a sort of matte finish to my skin. Whereas the Smashbox is a peach color, this is more of a light pink color.  I also liked that this doesn't have any sparkles or shimmer on it like some primers do.  My makeup stayed flawless throughout the day with this on. Also, I felt like this helped control the oil in my tzone area because it took a pretty long time for the oil to show and that usually happens pretty quickly. And yes, I did notice that my hyperpigmenation  didn't show up as much because of the color correcting properties of this. I noticed I had to use way less concealer. So do I like this, Heck yea. And for $13.00 and the huge amount of product you get, this is pretty sweet.


Have you tried this?

What are your thoughts?

Hugs,

Milly

Disclaimer: I bought this product with my own dough.

9 comments:

BonafideLatina~ said...

Great review!!!

I don't usually use primer but this looks like good product at a good value :)

MakeupByRenRen said...

good stuff! i saw this in the drugstore and was wondering about it too...love how the drugstore brands are stepping up their game! Revlon is BOGO 1/2 off at walgreens right now btw :) i'm stopping by to get some more lip butters!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reviewing this. I want to buy a good drugstore primer and I was wondering which one to get now I'll try this one.

beautylogicblog said...

@bonafidelatina I always rec primers, just because if you find a good one, you will see the difference.

beautylogicblog said...

@makeupbyrenren I love it. How are you babe?

beautylogicblog said...

@sataa yes I think it's great, especially if you suffer from hyperpigmentation like me.

Meg said...

I'm not a fan of primers, but the lack of sparkle and no silicone feel is really appealing. Will definitely pick it up!

BonafideLatina~ said...

Okay I will try it :)

lookingforlight said...

HI I am now super tempted to get it!! Revlon(plus any drugstore brand) is pretty expensive in singapore! It costs like $28 I think!!! But you made it sound like it would work really good on oily skin like mine :D

Could you follow me back? :) I'm actually new to blogging :)
Wisp-of-air.blogspot.sg

I'm gonna follow you ^^

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...