Lancome Rose Romance Palette Spring 2012 Review & Swatches



For Spring 2012 Lancome has released their Rose Romance palette. This palette is a very pretty  mix of peach, pinks and even a plum. It contains a highlighter, all over lid palette, base color, contour color, and a liner. I don't wear too much pink around my eyes, just because I'm all about browns, and coppers, and purples, but when I applied these shadows, and saw how much brighter my face looked, it really made me want to explore pinks more especially for the spring.


Click below to read my review, see swatches,  and see a look I did using Lancome's instructions:








Lancome says these shadows will last eight hours and I agree. I wore them for about seven hours and they still looked fresh  Here are swatches of the palette:

Left to right: All over color, lid color, crease color, highlight, contour/liner


I found all of the shades to have shimmer. The all over base is a champagne. The lid color is a very pretty coral peach ( so springy).  The crease color is a medium pink, the highlight color is a a champagne with pink and the contour color is a def more on the plum brown side (although Lancome describes it as a burgundy). The shadows apply smoothly with very good pigmentation. That contour/liner is super pigmented when wet too. Bottom line this will be one of my go to palettes for the spring. As I said before I was a little hesitant to try it because I stay away from pinks, but this one actually worked really well with my warm skin tone. Here's a quick look I did using Lancome's Day Time instructions with  the Rose Romance palette. Lancome also gives you instructions on how to create a night time look but since I was just going on a play date, I thought the day time look would be more appropriate.


So what do you think of this palette?

Would you splurge on it?

It's $49.00.

What are your fave pinks?

Hugs,

Milly


Product provided by pr for review.

2 comments:

GonnaGoToMedSchool said...

Love love love the look! I didn't think pinks worked with darker skin tones, but now I totally have to try it!

Renji said...

I like the palette.,.But Price is on the higher side.. I can't find this anywhere in the website:( Wish to try this

http://makeupholicworld.blogspot.com

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...