5 Star Bronzer for Under $5.00

When I first read Paula Begoun’s book, Don’t go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me, I was in serious shock. Page after page revealed the reality of cosmetics and their ingredients. So many expensive products which I had read about before and had been purported to give amazing results, were revealed to be useless, and the cost of formulating them was often less than $1.00. I remember after finishing reading Paula’s book (I read every single page) feeling (this will sound very cliché) that the truth had set me free. I no longer needed to be a snob about products. (Although, lol, sometimes I still will be.) Paula had found many products that cost less than $5.00 were often better than their $30.00 counterparts. I love that lady for being so truthful. Anyway because it’s the summer, I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect bronzer and have become a serious guinea pig, trying as many that I can get my hands on. I recently got an email from a Marla Hernandez asking if I knew of any effective bronzers that were under $10.00. Marla, I can do better than that, I recently found one for less than $5.00 and I think the quality is exceptional.

NYC Sun 2 Sun Bronzer

Photobucket

First of all this product is dermatologist tested, oil absorbing, and fragrance free. There are three shades of the Sun 2 Sun, but I used the Bronze Mist. This product comes in a split pan with 2 skin-illuminating bronzers in it. There is a little shimmer to them but its not overly done. I applied this, and my face look incredibly sun-kissed and golden but still so natural. The powder is fine-milled, and easily shows up on my skin with just one swoop of my brush. This bronzer makes me look as if I spent the day at the beach. I love the staying power of this as well. For $4.99 you can’t beat the price or quality of this. FYI, I compared the ingredients of this to two of my other bronzers that cost more than $20.00-the ingredients of NYC were almost the same. This is something to definitely take a second look at.

Hugs,

DE

10 comments:

Wes said...

I guess you know where I'll be headed on my lunch break- Straight to Duane Reade!!! Thanx girl!

Phyllis Bourne said...

Wow! This is great to know. Goodbye pricey Dior bronzer, hello NYC.

Roselyn said...

Yep! Duane Reade it is!

Product Junkie Diva said...

Thanks under 5 bucks is great. I have yet to jump into the bronzer world.
Product jUnkie Diva

Luxe Tips said...

Also try Wet n' Wild MegaGlo Face Illuminator. Its a creme based bronzer, but rocks on any skintone. I mix the bronzer with a little moisturizer and I look like a glowing beauty queen. It retails for $2.99.

latoicha

Phyllis Bourne said...

Found this at the grocery store last night. Wearing it now.

Thanks for the tip!

beautylogicblog said...

PBW: let me know how it works. Hugs,

Mischo Beauty said...

CVS in DC? I hope they have it! You're gonna have me driving all over the place for this! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I love that book too! I'm going to be doing a review on it soon. There is so much useful information that I think everyone needs to know! Especially when it comes to ingredients and such. :)

MyFashionAddictions said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...