Things You Must Carry at All Times

When I go out with my friends to a lounge or event, I always like to carry a super chic cute small pochette. However, they all make fun of me because the fact of the matter is sometimes my "super chic cute small pochette" ends up looking like an overstuffed bag full of crap. (Many times I can barely zipper it). These are the six things that I must carry with me at all times, or I just can't function:


Mascara sweeties

Nothing opens up those eyes more. I have 6 favorites that I'll blog about later. But this is my classic one:

Lancome L'Extreme

Photobucket

When wearing this, I've been accused of having eyelash extensions-thats how much this mascare elongates and volumizes my lashes. HOWEVER (and some of you may disagree) I find that with the correct application of Covergirl Lash Blast, your lashes can look equally as fabulous (with a way less price-tag).

Photobucket


Blush

I have way too many to name, but these are the two that were in my bag last night.

Mineralogie Apricot Toast
Photobucket

This seriously makes me look as if I'm glowing.

My old favorite is:

The Mac Pink Swoon
Photobucket
Camera

I like to think of myself as The Dominican Sartorialist I take pictures of everything and everyone. You should see the pics I've taken in NY (maybe I'll start a new blog......nah). Here is a pic of one of my cameras:

Sony Camera

Photobucket

Chap Stick

I use a variety of them, but these are my old favorites.

Carmex with spf 15
Photobucket
or the classic Rosebud Lip Salve
Photobucket

Lip Gloss (I seriously have a lip gloss addiction)! I have way too many, but here are two that were with me last night.

Clinique Long Lasting LipWear with SPF15
Photobucket
Mac Ensign Lip Glass
Photobucket

Oil blotting Sheets
Clean & Clear Oil are my usual ones Yesterday in NY it was close to 100 degrees. I saw so many shiny and oily faces. A few times, I felt like passing New Yorkers some of these.
Photobucket

And of course, my Blackberry
Photobucket

Wait, shoooooot, I forgot one more thing. Ooh, maybe there are 7 things I must have.

My small Melange Apothecary concrete perfume of Tuberose. This smells so amazing.

Photobucket

Here's a pic of last night's overstuffed pochette.

Photobucket


What are a few things that you must carry with you at all times?


Hugs,
DE
Don't forget to enter the Sephora Gift Card Contest

10 comments:

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Blotting papers, lip gloss, iPod, camera, Blackberry, Debit/Credit card, mirror, business cards!

Phyllis Bourne said...

Wow! I was totally thinking about the same thing! I just bought the bright blue turquoise bag from MAC for my new pouchette.

My bag items are pretty much the same as yours (including a camera!), but I also stick in a tube of Neutrogena sunblock and an Evian mister.

Also a long-time fan of the Satorialist!

Great post!!!!!

Product Junkie Diva said...

LOve this post.
OK I must carry something for my lips, a gloss, conditioner or lipstick (usually all of the above). I need my lip liner in a deep chocolate, cell, mini mirror and that is about it. Not to long ago I found a mini mascara but I find that I still don't carry it out of the house.
PRoduct Junkie Diva

BonafideLatina~ said...

LOVED this post DE :) You are such a great writer!!! And full of great ideas!

I too prefer to not bring a big clutch b/c I like to dance and can't deal with having to put my bag under my arm to dance, although the BF will gladly put my little bag in his blazer on in his back pocket if it fits :). I typically go with the Coach leather wristlests b/c they are cute and I can buy different colors :) Not 2 much fits but I always bring my phone, chapstick, lipgloss, an extra scrunchy in case i need to pull hair back, debit card ID.

Never thought about bringing mascara - hmmm.

Question - how did you get your Mineralogie products??? I went on their site when you first blogged about them but their closest location is Staten Island but that is pretty far for me since I dont have a car and their site didn't say you can order online. Any tips would be appreciated!

Thx

Calming Corners said...

Great Post! I have about the same I went to a wedding this weekend, and my essential were some flip flops (I know so country) but my feet were killing me. (they still hurt) So I threw them in my mom's purse. LOL!

justme said...

great post. i always have my cell phone, ipod, credit card, blotting papers and tendertone or lip conditioner. i am very minimal! i love your blog and i cant believe i didnt find it sooner. on my blogroll you go!

Mischo Beauty said...

Ok- I'm just like you! LOL! My clutches are always bursting at the seams! Here's my list:

1. Work cell & personal cell- This is my fault for giving certain people one number and others the other number. So now I feel like I have to have both of them w/ me- LOL! Crazy.

2. Lip Gloss
3. Lipstick
4. Brow pencil (sometimes they come off- LOL!)
5. Mascara
6. Blush
7. ID & Credit Card
8. Cash
9. Business Cards (never know who you might meet!;)
10. Camera
11. Gum

Ok- I'm gonna stop there because this is the reason why my clutches are always stuffed! LOL!

Great post!:)

Unknown said...

haha I was probably one of those New Yorkers that you shoulda passed a blotting paper to lol. My list:

lip gloss(es), iPod, Camera, broken Sidekick (trying to get that Blackberry), debit/credit cards, ID, mascara, pressed powder, blush

great post
luv ya blog!

beautylogicblog said...

BonaFideLatina-you can order from
http://www.mineralmakeupsource.com
Hugs, De

MyFashionAddictions said...

i'm pretttty late to answer. but..
i NEED clear mascara, foundation for an occasional pimple, face powder and bronzer. however i never carry them out of the house.

in my purse: blistex shine, water bottle, cell and keys. once in a while an eyeliner.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...