Beautiful Hair Doesn't Need To Cost an Arm and a Leg

Last week New York was suffering from severe hot and humid temperatures. I was also having a very stressful week (boyfriend trouble, work stuff) so there was no way in hell I was going to get my hair done. I’m embarrassed to say that I did some serious mistreatment to my hair. During the week, I must have used gel, hairspray and the blower every day. After the weather cooled and my week calmed down, I took a good look at my hair and began to feel incredibly guilty. It looked pretty bad; it’s amazing what a week of treating your hair like crap can do. I’ve expressed to you guys before how much I love to take care of my hair. So after a week of abusing her (yes I said “her”), it was time to give her a special treat. When I finally got around to going to the salon, I made sure to bring this:

The Giovanni Nutrafixx Hair Reconstructor for Damaged Hair.


Photobucket

This product describes itself as "deep repair for critically damaged hair."After they washed my hair with my Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (a clarifying shampoo that really gets out the buildup of products) they then applied this powerful treatment all over my hair. This is a very thick cream with a very fresh light scent (essential oils).I sat under the dryer with this for around 10 min-allowing it to penetrate. The treatment contains soy protein (which I needed to strengthen my locks) and other nourishing hair ingredients including rosemary, nettle, and thyme. While my stylist was drying my hair, three girls crowded around me asking what products I used because my hair was so shiny and full of volume. Besides the fact that this product actually works, another great thing is the cost-only $5.99.! If you want strengthened ,healthy and shiny hair at an affordable price try this. Don’t believe me? Look at the pic of my hair in the post before this one titled "Previews for next week", and here's a pic of my good girlfriend's hair after I made her use this.
PhotobucketThis is a must have and I mean it!


Disclaimer: This is a protein treatment so I use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. My rec is Aubrey Honeysuckle. Also on Vitcost.com this is less than $5.00



Hugs,

DE

15 comments:

Wes said...

BEE-U-TEE-FUL!! You should've taken a "before" pic too so we could see the transition... Quick Question though, where are the products that you used sold at? I've never heard of the brands before.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Wow, her hair is BEAUTIFUL!!! I have been "abusing" my hair too lately! LOL

I should look into this product. Thanks for the info.

Calming Corners said...

Thanks for the tip, your hair is beautiful.

Leela said...

Wait wait wait..so both of these products are at vitacost.com???I stil have yet to order the Aubrey SHampoo, but I am...

Leela said...

Wait wait wait..so both of these products are at vitacost.com???I stil have yet to order the Aubrey SHampoo, but I am...

Product Junkie Diva said...

Just beautiful!!! I think we all have those moments, but you recovered well by giving your hair a special treat and she is thanking you for it by shining:-). And thanks for the product info.
Product Junkie Diva

Roselyn said...

Oooh I seriously need to get me some of that stuff. With this heat wave my poor hair was tucked in a bun all week!

Just_Wondering said...

Wow REALLY BEAUTIFUL! I'll defnately have to check this product out! My hair was a complete mess with the heat wave! I need to do a special treatment as well!

beautylogicblog said...

wes: you can get giovanni and aubrey products on vitacost.com for less, but you can also go to the vitaminshoppe and get them too. vitacost has them for less.

Anonymous said...

What I love about your suggestions is that they are ALWAYS so relevant to NOW- like humidity products when its actually humid and we are SUFFERIN girl! haha right on!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

looks nice think it will work for dreds? i use tea tree oil and perpermint on my hair

justme said...

wow, i usually stick to a routine but you make me wanna try something new

Phyllis Bourne said...

AWESOME! You hair looks - WOW!

I've been so curious about Giovanni hair products (love their chocolate scrub). Thanks for the review.

BonafideLatina~ said...

Wow this is too crazy...I bought that same Hair Treatment about a month ago in the city at a organics store and it is all I used while in South America for work...how creepy is that? I love the treatment! I'm already running out and I will be buying a new one. Also have you noticed lately that the Giovanni hair products are popping up at Rite Aid and Target? Yesterday I went to Rite Aid and they had it!! I was shocked!

Your hair came out GREAT!!! I will use your tip of using a moisturizing conditioner after the reconstructor, that would make it even softer. THANKS!

Mischo Beauty said...

Ok- I finally finished my Ojon products and will be using my Giovanni products tonight! I'm excited! :)

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...