Powerful Anti-Aging Weapon-Vitamins



During the summer when I turned sixteen, I was having a blast. My grandmother was visiting from the Dominican Republic, and every day I would pretty much do the same thing. I'd wake up. Grandma would whip up an amazing but incredibly fattening breakfast and lunch for me, while I sat on my couch, did nothing except eat and watch reruns of The Golden Girls all day. It was so fun-well for me it was. My mother on the other hand, would come home exhausted from work, and find me in the same position every day, on the couch...eating and watching Golden Girls. She wasn't loving it.  One day she came home and told me that the next day I was to meet her in the city."Are you crazy???" I said "Tomorrow is the episode where Rose dates the midget, that's one of my favorites."After giving me one of her I will whip your butt looks, I knew she meant business, and the next day I met her on 57th street in Manhattan in front of the Vitamin Shoppe. She walked me in, and introduced me to the manager. She then told me that starting the next week, I would be working there. I had a fit, I was furious. How could she make me get a job! How could she separate me from my beloved Golden Girls! It's bad enough I was missing my favorite episode that day. Here's a clip of that episode:




Turns out though working there was one of the best experiences of my life. I actually ended up loving it, and I credit what I learned there, with the fact that yesterday morning, after going for a jog, I was walking past a corner store, when I saw that the mega millions lotto was 88 million (that's a lot of moolah!). When I went to play, the guy asked to see my id. When I told him i was out jogging, and didn't have my id, he refused to let me play. His exact words to me were, "You don't look over 18, sorry." Ladies, I've been over 18 for yearrrrrrs! Do you know how happy I was when he said that. Anyway, back to my vitamin shoppe story.  One of the workers there was this beautiful Italian woman. You would have sworn she was no older than 40, turns out she was 67. When she told me her age, I couldn't believe it. I was in shock. She then told me "Yes, you can look like me, just take vitamins." I then told her "I don't need to anti-age, I'm not even 17, plus I moisturize constantly." She then said "Of course you should take vitamins now, you want to prevent aging while you're young." Since I saw what vitamins did for her, I asked that she recommend a plan for me. I took the vitamins she recommended for years, and I'm happy to say, as a child who never wore sunscreen, who was always hanging out in the sun as a youth, I still get carded when buying lotto. I'm sure some of it is  because of the topical stuff, but I'm also sure it's because of the vitamins and minerals that I've been taking since I was sixteen. Here's some vitamins I have been taking since my teens. I've added a few more since then, but these are the ones that have been consistent for years.  However, please note, I am not a Doctor, nor a nutritionist.  Consult with a Dr or nutritionist before taking any of this especially if you are pregnant/nursing!

1) Borage Oil-This was one of the first things she told me to take. This contains GLA which is Gamma Lineolic Acid. So great for preventing dryness of the skin, Also when I met Dr. Murad, that's one of the first things he said was great for skin.
2) Vitamin C specifically Ester C which gets absorbed in your body better-This is not only an immune system builder, but is important for building collagen.
3) MSM-since I'm breast feeding, I can't take this now, but I used to constantly. This is sulfur, which is essentially great for hair skin and nails
4) A food sourced multi vitamin-I say food source because those are the ones that get absorbed in the body better.Try Rainbow Light Brand.
5) Co-Enzyme Q10- a powerful antioxidant (haven't taken this since breast feeding though.)
6)Flax seed (I used to take this, but now that I'm breast feeding, I stopped and take this fish oil. )
7) Zinc Picolinate-People don't realize how amazing zinc is for skin, but do some research. Zinc protects agains uv radiation, and a lot of other things.

Anyway, I took these for years, some of these I still do. The fact is, you girls know that I love good beauty products, I recommend them constantly but I also know that what's taken internally is helpful as well. The great dermatologist like Dr. Murad, Dr. Perricone, believe in internal anti-aging too. Looking at my mother, and seeing that she looks way younger than her age, and knowing that she takes vitamins is also proof to me that vitamins work! I'm sure many of you are not in your teens anymore. According to my site statistics majority of my blog readers are over 24, but I advise you to start anti-aging internally asap!

How do you antiage?

Do you still get carded when buying lotto?

Do you love The Golden Girls too?

Update: Totally forgot to add why I mentioned the Vitamin Shoppe Experience. Sometimes what you think is the worst thing for you, could actually be the best thing in the long run! Because of that job, I learned so many things, and I still look 18. LOL

Hugs,

Milly

2 comments:

BonafideLatina~ said...

great post!!!
I must say I always been very much into women's health and keep up w. those type of magazines and stay abreast of health but I'm wishy washy about the vitamin thing :/
but by reading your blog I've been more motivated.
I'm still loving the Omega Swirl!!! SO YUMMY :)

GlitteryGlitz said...

I have been dying to discuss this but when I went to my 15 year High School Reunion~ Most everyone looked SO OLD/OVERWEIGHT/Worn out and I was horrified!!
I actually went in to the restroom called and THANKED my MOM for all of the things she prevented me from doing in my teens. I was not allowed to wear makeup other than lip gloss, chemically alter my hair or buy perfume laden soaps or lotions. My parents always turned off the TV and forced us to get outside and work. The fact that at 33, I have to tell teenage boys & girls that I am old enough to be their parents is enough for me. My classmates looked older than my parents!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...