Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup Review




I've been eying the new Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup for a few weeks. Anything that Halle Berry endorses, I always want to try it. (That woman is just so darn beautful!) I've been searching for it in my shade,  Rich Ginger, but couldn't find it in any drugstores. In all of the drugstores I went to, the shade, Early Tan, was the darkest available.  Early Tan is about three shades too light for me.  Finally, I just ordered Rich Ginger online. Anyway, yesterday in NYC, it was so hot. (Today is supposed to be hotter, 100 degrees!) After walking two blocks, it felt like I ran 20 miles and took a bikram yoga class -all at the same time. I was dying!! I couldn't take the heat. I was sweating like crazy and I had five meetings to attend all around the city. It was horrible. After walking to my last meeting, I ran to the bathroom to wipe the sweat off of me.  Going to a beauty meeting, looking a hot sweaty mess, is not a good look. The interesting thing was, I was sweating bricks, but my Revlon Colorstay 24 Hour Whipped Creme still looked flawless. I was kind of shocked.  I'm in love with this stuff.  
 Click below to read my full review of my  new fave drugstore foundation.







The texture of this product really does remind me of  a whipped cream- very mousse-like and fluffy. It reminds me of a chocolate souffle my abuela would always make me to try to fatten me up. (She always  thought I was way too skinny.) It feels so light weight on as well.  When I apply the shade, rich ginger,  it's a pretty perfect match to my skin, and  it looks like second skin. No cakiness or maskiness to this product at all. Just a great satin finish. I use Mally's Face defender over it, and they work really well together.    It also gives me excellent coverage. I'll admit the last few weeks, I've been insanely busy, and have found myself working late nights,  and falling asleep while working, therefore forgetting to wash my face. So, I recently suffered a breakout, and as a result, I've got two big zit marks on my cheeks. When I used this product,  it provided so much coverage that I really didn't have to use concealer. I absolutely love how blendable this product is as well.  Revlon says it will last 24 hours. I haven't tested the 24 hours, but I can promise you that this stuff last at least sixteen hours looking great. But,  I would have to say the best thing about this product is the fact that even after hours of being in the hot, disgusting heat, not only did this foundation not budge, but my nose (which gets oily with any foundation) wasn't greasy. It's almost strange. It was so hot yesterday that  I expected my nose to be full of oil  FYI: I normally apply my foundations with my Cover FX foundation brush, but I found that I really liked the way this looked when I applied with my fingers.
If this product came in a more hygenic applicator, I'd probably give it an A+ but since it doesn't, it just gets an A.  

Have you tried this foundation?

What's your fave foundation during the summer?

Do you rock foundation in the summer?


Hugs,

Milly

26 comments:

Happy said...

I love this foundation. I have early tan. The texture is beautiful. the finish feels flawless. I agree with you about the applicator But I still love it. I use a spatula.

Kath TheFabZilla said...

I like Revlon too but haven't tried this one yet. The original colorstay is too heavy for me to wear this summer so this one looks like a good alternative.

Amanda said...

So happy to see a review on this! I was thinking of trying it because it seemed somewhat similar to the Laura Mercier Creme Foundation (which I love) but it is really pricey. So I think I'll be giving this one a shot now, thanks!

-Amanda mandyapplemakeup.blogspot.com

Leticia - Cosmetics Aficionado said...

Sounds like our skin is similar, and that I might just need this in my life.

beautylogicblog said...

@happy isn't it great. Might be one of my favorites.

beautylogicblog said...

@fabkath I think you might like it. It's pretty amazing.

beautylogicblog said...

@amanda Yes way cheaper than Laura Mercer and I think it's pretty fabu.

beautylogicblog said...

@leticia-Let me know how you like it.

xoxo Kellz* said...

Right now I use Loreal Tru Match and I swear by it...Is it better than that? Have you used Loreal Tru Match before? Also does this foundation offer alot of colors Im a darker skin girl.

Thanks for the help xoxo

strango610 said...

Where can you order that shade? For the life of me I can't find any dark shades either!

beautylogicblog said...

@strango0610 I ordered it from drugstore.com

Guddu81 said...

What shade in MAC do you wear? I got natural tan and it was way too light. I'm an nc42 and wanted to compare to your skin color. Thanks!

xoxo Kellz* said...

can u please comment back...I would love to know before I purchase?

guddu81 said...

Hi! What color would you say you wear in MAC? Thx!

beautylogicblog said...

@xoxokellz hey doll, sorry I'm responding so late, I have used true match before, but these are two different formulations. True match is more of a liquid and this isa mousse. I like the colorstay better because of the longevity and the coverage it gives, and the almost airbrush finish I get from using it. The only thing is, the darkest color it offers is caramel, which isn't that dark. Caramel is the shade Halle Berry Wears. True Match has way more shades for darker women.

beautylogicblog said...

@guddu81 I haven't used Mac foundation in years hon so I have no idea. In Makeup forever HD, I'm 170. Revlon's natural tan is way too light for me too. Rich ginger or caramel are my go tos.

RevealingBeaute said...

I'm going to have to try this!

@RevealingBeaute

RevealingBeaute said...

I have to try this! I'm always on the hunt for a foundation that will last!

@RevealingBeaute

socialitedreams said...

i want to see it on!

xoxo Kellz* said...

ugh sux man:) can u recommend another thing i might love that as lots of shades...thx for responding

beautylogicblog said...

@xoxokellz drugstore or sephora stuff?

Kristy Ma'o said...

Great review, this sounds like exactly what I've been looking for! I'll definitely be picking this up soon. :)

Kristy Ma'o said...

This sounds like exactly what I've been looking for, I'll definitely be picking it up soon. :)

Unknown said...

Hi in the photo above what shade is it early tan or rich ginger ?

Unknown said...

Good review! Anyway, I've tried this and I'm truly satisfied with the product because it covers my imperfections perfectly!

Check out my blog, I wrote a review about Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme @ http://shikinkikin.blogspot.sg/

Faith said...

What shade do you use at Mac? I am an NC42 at mac and Im having a hard time trying to figure out which shade I should use for the color whipped. Ive already spent 30 bucks trying to find the right shade! =(

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...