AND I WISH WE COULD RUN TO THE SUN AND NEVER COME BACK!

Not sure if you guys are familiar with the title of this post. That’s from one of my favorite albums NERD-No One Ever Really Dies and it’s a song that I jog to in the morning. I try to run at least a mile or two before 8:00 am. The only thing that stops me is if it’s below 20 degrees or I’m just too lazy to get up. But usually, I try to do it at least four times a week. 

Photobucket
 
I don’t run solely for the benefit of keeping fit, although that is a great reason. I also do it because of how good running makes me feel. Even if I wake up feeling crappy, after a great run, my mood not only improves substantially, but I feel like I can take over the world.  During running, besides listening to music, I meditate, envision how great my day will be, daydream, and come up with some of my most creative ideas. I usually start the run hating everything. (Before 8:00 am and before coffee, I just don't like anyone or anything.) But by the end of my jog, I feel so good that I’m smiling at random strangers.  (Although that’s gotten me in some trouble-not a good idea to smile at a single man before 8:00am-they get ideas.) There’s something called Runners High and it’s actually a fact. According to a NY Times article " Running does elicit a flood of endorphins in the brain. The endorphins are associated with mood changes and the more endorphins a runners body pumps out, the greater the effect."
 
So the next time you feel down, go for a run.  Not only will your fitness improve, but you may end up feeling 100% better.

Do you Run?

Do you exercise?
What improves your mood?
Hugs, 

DE

3 comments:

Mischo Beauty said...

So true! Love it!!! #HealthySexyBeautiful2010

Nicole said...

I have been running since I could tye my shoes and running IS LIKE A DRUG!!!

I cant imagine why anyone would need outside chemicals when the power of running is so intoxicating!

Anyway, I love that you run =)

Shadelle said...

I really have been meaning to start jogging around my area but never get around to it. This is all the more reason for me to start!! thanks!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...