The Power of Silk Pillows

 Photobucket
ME SLEEPING ON MY SILK PILLOW

I’ve mentioned before that silk pillows are one of my main secrets for keeping my hair super shiny. Cotton pillows will ultimately remove the natural oils from your hair,  and will dry it out. But silk pillows aren’t just fabu for your hair, they are also helpful in prevention of wrinkles.
Dr Schultz from Derm Tv says: "Sleeping on your side can actually cause wrinkles (from your face being pushed against your pillowcase and the creasing that thus occurs, night after night). If you can't avoid sleeping on your side, then spring for some silk pillowcases that can prevent friction between your face and your pillowcases and enable your face to slide as you sleep.”

Do you sleep on silk?


Hugs,

DE

5 comments:

BonafideLatina~ said...

Hahah you are so cute w/ the pic! I never used to have silk/satin sheets but I recently started using a satin sheets and I love it! I want to get some silk sheets next!!!

antithesis said...

my pillowcase is satin. i may get silk next.

Anonymous said...

pls let me know where i can buy silk pillows and what brand do you recommend?

Calming said...

I have not moved up to silk, but I do sleep on satin. Great post!

xo,
CC

Unknown said...

HEHE DE you're just too funny!
I love the pic =)
Like the girls that I already mentioned, I have satin.
I bought silk but my hubby stole them from me... lol!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...