Lancome Golden Frenzy Color Design Palette & Weekend Updates


Hey loves, 
I took an unintentional break from blogging last week, but we’ll get into that later. Right now let’s talk beauty, and we’re going to start with one of  Lancome’s new eyeshadow palettes for the fall, Golden Frenzy. I’m obsessed with this gorgeous incredibly pigmented palette.
I should take pics before I use the palette. Sorry about that.


I love so many things about this palette. The fact that there’s an instruction booklet on how to use it, and a colored picture of what the finished look should look like is so helpful for those who don’t know what the heck to do with colors or how to apply them. 


The palette comes with an all over color (which in my opinion could be the highlight) the lid color, the crease color, and the highlight color (which in my opinion could be either the lid or crease color) and the eyeliner which is a deep black. Here are swatches from left to right of the all over color which is a shimmery pearl, the lid which is a gold with sparkles, the crease color which is a standard medium matte brown, and then the highlight which is a a coppery bronze loaded with gold sparkles. Click to enlarge.

 I've been using this palette for the last few days and you can really mix it up. The gold really brings out the browns in my eyes and looks amazing. The only shade that has fall out is that highlight color, but other than that, these colors look amazing both wet and dry. I also did like the eyeliner which is a standard black and it applies like silk. I used the palette yesterday and hubby took a pic of me with his iphone. If you zoom in I think you can see how nicely the shades work together. 


All in all this palette gets a win for me.

Update: It is October 10 and I am doing a full giveaway for Kim Kardashians wedding makeup, click here. 


I apologize for my unintentional absence last week. I couldn't find my usb plug for my camera so couldn't connect my camera to the computer. I finally found it on Saturday in one of my shoes. (Lil man must have put it there.) Anyway, did i ever tell you girls why Lancome has a special place in my heart. Besides their stuff being high quality, I've also got a little story to tell you. Picture it, about 10-12 years ago, I was a teenager, and I had crazy breakout skin. I was so depressed over it. Nothing I was using was working and I had real dark marks all over my face along with cystic zits. I had heard foundation worked wonders to cover up marks, so I went to the drugstore and bought foundation (a color way too light.). I applied it and the shade was so much lighter than my skin that I looked like I had a mask on but I didn't care because it was covering up all my hyperpigmentation marks. At that time there was no youtubes or anything so I had no idea what I was doing when I applied. But,  I was so happy. I finally felt normal. Although I did hope that no one would notice that my neck was about 10 shades darker than my face. Anyway, the first thing my mom told me when she saw me was "Why do you have all that makeup on?" I was in my teens  and when you're in your teens who cares what their mom says so I paid her no mind.  That afternoon my mom wanted to go to Macys so we headed over there. As we walked, I noticed people giving me odd glances and double takes. I heard some giggles, but I thought they were looking at me because this new foundation made me look great. Anyway we get to Macys and mommy heads straight to the Lancome counter to buy her makeup.  I noticed the guy behind the counter couldn't stop staring at me. He wasn't laughing. He was just giving me a strange look. After my mother finished purchasing what she came for, he tapped me on the shoulder, told me to sit down and said something like,  "I would hate myself if I let you walk out the street like this, can I please do your makeup?" I was in shock! "What?" I said. " You don't like my makeup!" He didn't say anything, didn't laugh at me, just asked if he could redo it. My mom agreed and I sat down.  From there, he matched me with foundation and concealer, and even applied eyeshadow. When I looked in the mirror I was so happy. My marks were all gone, and my eyes, wow I felt so pretty. I'll never forget Alfredo (or was it Alonzo?) well whatever his name was, he and Lancome will always have a special place in my heart for really lifting me up as a teenager.

Anyway, how was your weekend? 
Did you girls do anything fun? I did a lot of house cleaning. It's so amazing how dirty your house can get with a 1 year old. Then yesterday Mr. Milly and I headed out to Ideya (an amazing Spanish restaurant that friend to the blog Denise Vasi introduced me to). The last Sunday of the month they have this amazing Jamaican band playing, so we heard Jamaican music for a while, then we went outside and this guy was selling Venetian masks. Not sure why I felt that I needed one, but I bought one. Hey he was selling them for 5 bucks.


All in all, a pretty good weekend. 
What did you do?
Anything fun? 

Hugs, 

Milly
This week I promise we'll have a lot going on, since I now have my usb plug. 


Product provided by pr for review. 


2 comments:

BonafideLatina~ said...

welcome back! :)
I have a coupon for IDEYA from Gilt that I want to use...can't wait to try the spot since you've had so many good things to say about it :)

Noniek said...

Pretty color! Kim wear it on her wedding day.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...