Some Summer Hair Favorites

The temperature has been cooling down so much lately. In the morning I like to take walks around my hood and I now need a jacket because of the chilly temps.  So depressing! I love the summer. Although the last few months we've been faced with pretty brutal temps, I didn't mind. I much prefer warm weather over cold. Anyway, during this summer, I wanted to show you the  products that I used the most on Linette (name I gave my hair, don't judge me).  So without further ado, here are some summer hair favorites: 

Conair  Extreme Heat Jumbo and Super Jumbo Rollers


I love getting my hair done, but honestly I no longer have time to go twice a week and wait three hours to sit in a salon. What I love about this product is I can wash my hair, air dry it, put these rollers on, and in 30 Minutes, POW, fabulous, voluminous, shiny hair, and it's only $31.99. Love it.This was actually recommended to me by the guy who does Victoria Secret Models hair for their shows. He prefers the Conair one rather than other expensive ones. Here's where I purchased mine. Click here.   I also purchased clips for these as the ones that they came with, didn't hold a match to my very thick hair. Here's the clips, click here.

Keratin Complex Dry Shampoo

I work out a lot. Working out is a sort of therapy for me, and running is a mood booster. Since I sweat,  and I also don't wash my hair more than twice a week, to get rid of any grease, or sweat from my hair, this dry shampoo worked wonders, and it left my hair feeling like silk. Love this stuff. However it's pretty expensive. And if it hadn't been sent to me, I probably would never have looked at it. I'm sure you can get something equally as effective in the drugstore. My girlfriend loves Bumble and Bumble's and Tresemme also makes one for much less.

Giovanni ColorFlage Boldly Black Shampoo/Conditioner


I bought this shampoo/conditioner and fell in love with it. It really brought out the shine in  my jet black hair. I was pleased to see that they have this product for all hair colors as well. Buy this at vitacost though. It's way cheaper than at Whole Foods. Click here.



Nuance Salma Hayek Black Currant Intense Hydration Hair Mask

I love this too for a once a week mask. It really left my hair full of volume and shine. And for $9.99, a great deal.(I'm currently doing a giveaway for this item and four other Nuance products for five readers, click here. )

Coconut Oil

My hair regimen would never be complete without this stuff. You girls know how much I love me some coconut oil. When the temps were really brutal, I put some of this on to protect my hair, and give it a good deep treatment. Loved it and have always loved it. But coconut oil isn't only amazing for the hair.  FYI: Do you know Orlando Bloom's wife gorgeous model Miranda Kerr says the reason she has such an amazing shape, skin and hair  is because she drinks 4 teaspoons of coconut oil every day. She doesn't drink it whole. She puts it in her salads and stuff.




It's a 10 Miracle Leave in Plus Keratin

When I actually did go to the salon, I always brought this product with me. It really helped as a heat protectant, and left my hair silky smooth. Loved it.



Alright these were some my summer hair favorites?

What were some of yours?

Have you entered my Nuance Salma Hayek Giveaway. 5 of you will win my 5 favorite Nuance Products. Click here for giveaway deets.


Hugs,

Milly


2 comments:

Cookie said...

I have those heat rollers and they are really perfect!

http://cookieswardrobe.blogspot.com/

Shay said...

Coconut oil for hair and body, Origins Brighter by Nature pads, shea butter for hair and body, Bliss face scrub, Nuetrogena sugar scrub body exfoliator, Shea Moisture Shea Butter spray for hair, Jane Carter hair butter (can you tell I really love my hair?)

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...