Salma Hayek Nuance Jojoba Double Phase Body Oil & Weekend Updates

Hey loves,



How was your weekend. I'll talk a little about mine after this post but for now let's talk beauty. Not sure if you girls have heard, but Latina superstar Salma Hayek has released a complete beauty line, exclusively being sold at CVS. That's right, her whole line is being exclusively sold at CVS. I'm super excited about this line for a few reasons. First off Salma took three years off of acting to work on this line, meaning she was right next to the scientist as they were formulating the products making sure they met her high standards. Salma's inspiration was her abuela (grandmother) who was a cosmetologist. She would create her own beauty products at home. That's so common in the Latina culture. For us Dominicans, Coconut oil and Avocado are hair conditioners, garlic makes the nails stronger etc.  I'm also excited about this line because it has ingredients that have never been seen before in the mass market like Blue Agava, and Prickly Pear. These ingredients were commonly used during Aztec times and Salma wanted to make sure that native ingredients from Mexico were used in her products. Anyway, I was  invited to test out  her products, so this week you'll see a few of my favorites, but for now, let's start with the Salma Hayek  Jojoba Dual Phase Body Oil with Coconut Oil and Passion Fruit.





This is quite possibly my all time favorite body oil. I've been using this right after the shower and the light delicious scent of this lingers all day. It's a clean fresh scent, nothing too strong. I'm loving that this contains my all time favorite oil, coconut oil, as well as jojoba oil and passion fruit. This product leaves my skin so moisturized but not greasy at all and Mr. Milly told me yesterday that he loved smelling me. (Yes those are his exact words.) This product is an A+ in my book.

Salma has released over 100 products in this line from hair care, cosmetics, body, and skin. I'm so excited to keep introducing you to some of my favorites this week. You should see the packaging of some of her products. Check out her eyeshadow quad. It looks like a flower or bomb:

But then it opens up to this:


Anyway, how was your weekend. San Diego was beyond beautiful. I got to meet so many amazing women because of blogher. I was so inspired by them.
I really didn't do too much in San Diego itself. I really should have done more sight seeing but I was beat from flying.

Can you believe that's the only pic I took? Well, with my camera. I forgot to bring the charger and it died soon after.  I took this one with my blackberry. This was my view in the morning from my hotel.

San Diego was beautiful but honestly I"m such a New Yorker. When I arrived on Saturday, I was so happy to be back. Sunday was date day with Mr. Milly so we went to see Planet of the Apes. That was a really good movie.

I spotted this pic, and wanted it for my apartment. Lately I'm into pics, but Mr. Milly hated it. We don't have the same taste in art.

Then we went to BarBossa, quite possibly my fave Brazilian Restaurant in NYC.
YUM!

After dinner we took a stroll through Soho, so many amazing artists in NYC.
I wanted this horse. The artist hand made it. Not sure where I would put it in my small NYC apartment, but come on, that horse was so cool. But then I saw the price- $695.00. I could get a real horse for that price, so I walked away. Then we took a cab to Lincoln Center and there was a free concert going on, so much fun!


All in all a good weekend.
This week since I"m home and not prepping for travel,  we'll be reviewing so much, including Salma's products, Urban Decay,and many more so stay tuned.

What are your thoughts on Salma's new line?

Are you excited about it?

Hugs,

Milly

PS: I'm not allowed to reveal my big news just yet.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually just did a first impression post on one of the eyeshadow quads, check it out. it's great to hear that the oil is a good product though, I wonder how well her hair products work? oh and I heard the little lip product pot is super good

Unknown said...

I got the blush trio and gloss which I reviewed on my blog. Very impressed with the line and love it.

Did not see the nody oil however, so def will checkit out next time around.

vrtish55 said...

Love the eyeshadow quad! Quite unique.

Tiah said...

That double phase body oil sounds great to me. I can't wait for the line to appear in CVS! Definitely will try some things.

Joiarib and Baby Heyer said...

That's so funny. I was doing a little research on Salma's products since I work at CVS and the beauty manager recommended them. When my husband saw the eyeshadow quad he said it looked like a bomb. I really want to try her Raw Honey Color protect conditioner.

Darcy said...

I've tried several products (OK.... A lot of) Salma's new line. Love her skin care - anti aging moisturizer the best and also the tinted moisturizer and lipstick color "My Favorite" are right up there. At CVS prices, you can't beat it!

Victoria said...

I just read your post about the blushes and didn't realize that you had also written about eye shadows. I love the look of the packaging. I have never seen anything like it. How is the quality? I would love to see swatches :) Always on the lookout for another beautiful brown eye shadow.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...