Obsessed with CND's Shellac Manicure



I can't believe it's taking me so long to review CND's Shellac. I am obsessed with this. If you don't know what the heck Shellac is, it's basically a manicure that is guaranteed to last two weeks. There is no damage to your nail by doing this. The nail polish smells like nothing, and as soon as you are finished with your manicure your nails are COMPLETELY DRY. As a woman who types all day, washes dishes, cooks, changes dirty diapers, and cleans the house, my manicures are usually screwed after two days. Not with this. Not only do my nails look amazing after doing all my chores (lol), but they are glossy, and gorgeous.


Am I the only person that screws up their manicure as soon as they leave the salon. I have no patience to dry. (I'm a New Yorker, impatience is in my blood. lol)  With Shellac your nails are dried immediately and there is no formadelyde, dpb or toluene in this.  There is no real big difference than when you get a normal manicure except every time they finish painting your nails, they put you under a uv lamp which dries the polish. I am obsessed with this. After two weeks, your nails still look glossy. The only maintenance is using an oil gel every day twice a day on your nails.



A two week manciure is the best! This link shows some places that offer Shellac in NYC, one place in Brooklyn offers it for $22.00 which is pretty sweet.

Hope you love it as much as I do.

Hugs,

Milly

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Milly! I was getting this done religiously and eventually my nails got very thin and brittle. I hope this doesn't happen to you, but keep us posted. Maybe it was just the place I was going to.

Unknown said...

I got mine done last week thursday. They still look good. Love the color you chose...

AND

May I have that ring? lol

Unknown said...

I LOVE gel manicures... I've been getting them for about 6 months and just got a fresh one this morning. Oh and I love that Rachel Roy ring, I almost bought it the other day... Her entire line is amazing

Clariza said...

Its important to understand that shellac and gel are different. I first got shellaced almost a year and a half ago. I was going away with my honey for a long beach weekend and this was the way to go. I got an amazing red color and while being in the ocean and the pool 24/7 i didnt get one chip! I never paint my nails red bc it chips so quick, but the shellac was amazing! I dont think i would do it on a regular basis, but for vacations or very special occasions i definately would. And just so u guys know, groupon has a deal on shellac at a salon uptown for under $20. Youre welcome! :)

B said...

I love love love that color on you. I tried Shellac once but after 2 weeks I had to let it go. Us polish swatchin' beauty bloggers can't commit to longwear gel nails. Ha!

beautylogicblog said...

@antihairslave: I get it very sparingly.If blogging wasn't my business I'd do it all the time but because I have to test nailpolishes all the time, i don't do it too often.

@makeupfor kim porter: how's that baby? The ring is Rachel Roy, I love it, so unique.

Tiffany: I agree with her line, it is amazing.

@clariza thanks for the group on deal. i love it.

B-I know exactly how you feel. Although I do love Shellac, I need to change up too. lol

Anonymous said...

i really need to know where you go that ring its sooooo cute

Kristina said...

I am loving the ring

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...