Weekend Updates & Dominican Salon Review (sorta)

My hair after getting it done at MJ Beauty Salon


Hey loves, Fashion week has begun, how fun. Although honestly this year I won't be covering so many shows. The fact is my husband is away and hiring a babysitter to  watch lil man while I go to fashion shows  isn't cheap. So I'm going to be very picky when it comes to shows. Anyway, let's talk weekend. Saturday I did nothing, except I went to a new salon around my area. I haven't reviewed a Dominican salon in so long because I've pretty much been doing my hair by myself, but I went to one on Saturday and this woman made my hair look amazing, and she only charged me $20. 00. Her name was Estelle. Here's the card to the salon if you want to go.


Although Sunday was a very sad day, I headed to cover Tracy Reese because I support Mally Roncal (who was doing the makeup) and Tracy Reese (whom I love as a designer) I will have a separate post with all of the makeup done at the show probably tonight or tomorrow. One of the reasons I love fashion week is because of the gorgeous people, you get to see. Here are some gorgeous people I saw around Lincoln Center:


I think I'm going to do my hair like this. What do you think?

I then headed to Tracy Reese, and saw my sweet Mally Roncal (will cover show in separate post)

Then after covering Tracy Reese. I ran to take the subway. (Babysitter isn't cheap!) Now this is really cool. New York City released a subway from the 1920's in honor of the show Boardwalk Empire. You can take it from 42nd to 96th st. You should have seen my shock when I saw this old train heading towards me. The interesting thing is, these trains were a lot more comfortable than the ones we have now.
Here I am:
When I got home, I headed to the drugstore, and discovered that Kim Kardashian has a new fragrance out called Gold. Did you guys know that? (I will have review up later this week.)



I decided I needed some new cute shoes and I headed to payless. (I love the Christian Siriano collection there) and I bough these. They are so perfect for an outfit of the day post I will be doing, and they are currently on sale.




Then I headed home and watched September 11 specials which broke my heart. Every year, I always log on to this girl's memorial page. Her name was Joanne Vidal. Her father and my father were friends. I look through her page, and I see me in her. Truthfully I think all of us can see a little bit of ourselves in her. She was 26, a young girl trying to make it in this world. She had landed her dream job. She didn't even work at the WTC. She just had a meeting that day on Windows of the World.  She was also Dominican, and so beautiful and look at the wonderful comments people made about her. How many lives she touched. This young girl made such an impact in her short life.   Here's the link to her page. 

FYI: three of the winners of the Nuance giveaway did not come forward. So tomorrow I'm picking new ones. Check your name tomorrow.

Anyway, I hope you guys had a good weekend.

Did you guys do anything new?

Hugs,

Milly

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great recap of your weekend, sounds like you've been busy! So sad about the 9/11 events but at the same time the memorials are so lovely bringing so many together.

BonafideLatina~ said...

Love the color block dress of that girl.

And so excited for another salon suggestion...I'll be there!!! :)

gg said...

nice shoes. i like them in purple also. i pay $75 at the Dominican salon here in DC. INSANE!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...