Prep those Lips for Winter


As I told you girls before, when I was in ninth grade, I thought I was in love with this 10th grader We were doing great, (at least I thought we were) until one day he told me that he could no longer see me. I couldn't believe it. When I asked why, his excuse was, that my chapped lips really bothered him. At the time I had braces, so I'm sure that it didn't help the chapped lip problem.  But I was so sad. Years later, you'll never ever find me with chapped lips. I'm a  little insane when it comes to my lips, and have been for years. So here are some things I do to keep my lips ultra hydrated especially in the cold weather. Click below to read more and to find out why getting dumped was a great thing:







Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate
When I don't drink water throughout the day, not only do I notice my mouth will have a weird taste, but I also notice it in my lips. They become a dry ashy chapped mess. Make sure you are drinking water, or coconut water (which I love because it's super hydrating and boost your metabolism) or eat a lot of fruits too. That will give you not only water from the fruits but antioxidants as well.

Exfoliate


I exfoliate my lips every single morning and night. Sometimes I use my clarisonic, but sometimes I just grab some olive oil or sugar, or coconut oil and sugar, and get to work on my lips with a toothbrush. I do this for about a minute. It removes any dry skin, and keeps them moist as well and your lips always look plumper after wards. 


Lip Balms

You can apply more oil to the lips if you want to keep them hydrated, but I have a few favorite lip balms. EOS makes a great one and the are 95% organic. Rosebud Salve, and Carmex are great too. Sleep with that on and when you wake up, you'll see how great your lips look and feel. And if you're really crazy concerned about chapped lips like me, do all this again in the morning.

All in all, my 9th grade boyfriend dumping me was one of the best things ever for a few reasons. It taught me to always keep my lips hydrated, so that they never ever become a chapped mess, and I recently heard he's in jail  so I dodged a bullet with him anyway.

How do you keep your lips sexy?

What's your favorite lip balm?

Did you ever date a loser?

Hugs,

Milly

15 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL wow can't believe your story, talk about traumatizing :P Well at least you learned some great tips from it. I like the sugar scrub thing!

ClariZa said...

Being a dominican woman we are blessed in the lip dept. In all my moisturizing experience, i have found a new favorite. Alba coconut lip balm is THE BEST! I cannot live without this! I highly recommend it, and its available at Rite Aid and even in some supermarkets!

Ella Pretty Blog said...

Ha ha - it really all turned out for the best!

I keep a special toothbrush and use vaseline to brush the dead skin off my lip - I only do this occasionally.

For the most part I just apply lip balm 3-4 times a day. My favorite is Nivea Milk & Honey, followed by Burts Bees Honey balm, Vaseline & Kiehls lip balm. I guess Burts Bees is the least synthetic, but I can't quit the Nivea one, it is amazing.

beautylogicblog said...

@elaine yes lesson learned. hOw have you been? haven't seen you around in a while? all well.

beautylogicblog said...

@chrissyk You're my new best friend! adore you, thanks

beautylogicblog said...

@clariza ooh sounds great, must try it!

beautylogicblog said...

@ellaprettyblog yessssssss! thank God he dumped me.

Khadine (Cosmetic Passion) said...

I'm obsessed with keeping my lips moist!...Just bought a new lip balm (Nivea- A Kiss of Smoothness) but I don't feel like it's doing a great job. I usually use aquaphor, but have been trying to get away from petroleum based products. The search continues! Lol

Unknown said...

Wow, what a jerk! I go over my lips every day with my clarisonic... and eos sweet mint lip balm is my absolute favorite. I love balms that tingle a little bit.

socialitedreams said...

awwww, that is so sad! typical male, couldn't even articulate the problem so that you could FIX it, just rather dump you. lol, i guess he was a kid :P

i love the tips! sooo need to keep up with a regimen myself

beautylogicblog said...

@khadine read Clariza's recommendation. Hers is all natural.

beautylogicblog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beautylogicblog said...

@tiffany girl the best thing was him breaking up with me. The guy was nuts.

beautylogicblog said...

@socialitedreams girl, I know. It's his loss though. lol

Leelee said...

Aaawww no worries his loss.....i have to try prepping my lips for winter. I will try the coconut and sugar scrub for my lips.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...