Weekend Updates & Happy Heart Fund& Marathon

Me and supermodel Petra Nemcova
This weekend I met so many inspirational people.  People who are devoting their lives to help others live better lives. People who have risked their own safety so that children in other countries affected by natural disasters can have some sort of normalcy to their life.  Anyway, let me explain. On Friday night Mr. Milly and I went to a pre-celebration for this charity called Happy Hearts. It was a gathering before the big celebration which took place the next day. Supermodel Petra Nemcova is the founder of this organization. In 2004, Petra was in the Tsunami along with her boyfriend. He actually died, and she held on to a tree for hours in order to survive. Anyway, since then she has devoted her life to her Happy Hearts organization. The organization helps to build schools and the self-esteem of children who have been through natural disasters. I spoke to Petra that night, and was struck by what a kind-hearted person this woman is. She is not only extraordinarily beautiful outside, but even more so inside.  Her organization has built 56 schools in nine countries affected by natural disaster including in Haiti.  Click Below to read more about the weekend and see a cool video.



The next night was the actual celebration, Happy Hearts for Haiti. It was such a beautiful event honoring all the wonderful works being done in Haiti.   I ran into notables like famed  Doctor, DR. Ruth.

 Russel Simmons




But honestly the person I was starstruck over was Sean Penn.


 He is one of my favorite actors, but that's not the reason I was starstruck. His work in Haiti is really beautiful and that night, he was being honored by the Happy Hearts Foundation.  Since the earthquake Sean Penn has gone to Haiti countless times,  staying for nine months straight at a time in tents helping to rebuild the country. What was really interesting though, was that he hates getting filmed or attention for his work so when they were trying to make a video in honor of him for his dedication, they could find almost no footage of him. I love that. A celebrity truly doing something from the heart.  I am so honored to have gone to this wonderful event. I also met so many other amazing people who are making a difference. People who are going around the world trying to help as many people as they can, that's so beautiful.  Anyway, Josh Groban performed, and Wyclef did as well. I posted a clip of Wyclef performing and dancing with Dr. Ruth, if you'd like to see it.




On Sunday  my brother ran the marathon and we watched and cheered him on.


He's such an inspiration. Every goal he has ever set for himself, he has accomplished. I am so proud of him. If you're ever in NYC in November, one of the best things to do is watch the marathon runners. It's really fun, and everyone is super friendly and so supportive. Also some of the marathon runners are hilarious. Many of them will run in speedos, in fur coats, in costumes.  It's just a really good time! Everyone comes there with positive energy to cheer others on. It was so inspiring to see all of these people running the marathon. I saw so many people that looked over 80 years old running. YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!!!!!! REMEMBER THAT!

Then that night,  I went to see Tower Heist with hubby. I'm a HUGE Eddie Murphy fan. It was such a cute film. I'm an Eddie Murphy fanatic so you may not want to take my word for it because he can do no wrong in my book since the movie,  Coming To America.

All in all, a few things I hope you learned from this post: In this world, we are all here to help one another every way possible. We should be thankful for our blessings, and share them because they will come back to us in abundance. We can achieve anything as long as we believe. Last but not least, don't take Milly's word about Tower Heist because she loves Eddie Murphy and he can do no wrong in her book.

How was your weekend?

Did you do anything fun?


Hugs,

Milly

8 comments:

Petra said...

Oh wow, you met Petra Němcová! (I happen to have the same name as her:) She is from my country and I think we should be proud of her! I have an interview saved in my "favourites" which was made not long time after the tsunami and I read it when I'm down. When I think about what happened to her, I always tell myself "Come on, put yourself together! There are people who go through horrible experience and still, they think more about others than themselves!"
Oh, here's the link: http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2005/05/petra200505#gotopage3 in case you'd be interested in reading it..
Thank you for this article!
Have a nice day :)

Anonymous said...

Milly, as always you look stunning ! And, might I add, you had a much more interesting weekend than me lol!! I don't know what it is about you but you seem like such an amazing person ! I love all of your positiveness ! Sometimes, females can be catty and I never ever see you get involved in any of that nonsense. I am the same way. I just want positive people in my life. You are an inspiration and a breath of fresh air !

beautylogicblog said...

@petra Readers like you are why I'm so happy I started this blog years ago. Thank you so much for sharing that article. I spent a few hours with Petra on Friday and can assure you she is one of the most beautiful people I have ever met both inner and outer. I love how she is using this experience to help so many others. I have saved this article in my favorites too. Thank you so much.

beautylogicblog said...

@BeautyTips Hey doll, that means so much to me. I won't deny that when I was younger, I made a lot of mistakes in my past, but what I've realized is staying positive, and keeping a happy spirit will always lead you to have a positive and just all around better life. As for you, I find you to be the same way. You are truly supportive of other women, and that is a beautiful thing. You are beautiful both externally and internally and I appreciate you so much. Hugs.

Clariza said...

Ladies! Let's have a pajama party! Lol! Just kidding! Petr a is beautiful hands down. She is a strong and intelligent woman. A role model for many. I was at a function she attended once and I thought she was just so positive. She was the first person I saw w star tattoos and I took the pic in w me when I got mine...my partner happens to find her absolutely stunning! It's such a nice feeling to see someone who's beauty is so much deeper than what we see....Milly, u looked beautiful!

beautylogicblog said...

@clariza yea she's super sweet, and friendly. really admire her.

BonafideLatina~ said...

Finally had a chance to comment on this after a very busy week.

Being able to attend this amazing event sounds sooo good. Glad you were able to go and meet amazing people.

I agree Petra N. seems like an angel. When she was on DWTS I was awed by her positive energy and loving personality.

And PS: I agree with Clariza...Pajama Party heheh :)

PSS: You look great in your red dress!
XOXO

The Style and Beauty Doctor said...

awesome! and you look GREAT! I would have been a major fangirl if I met Dr Ruth...lol. Sean Penn is awesome!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...