Therapy Thursdays-Stop Living Your Life For Other People!


Hey loves, how are you. Mr. Milly was supposed to be posting his Six Things You Should Never Do On a First Date post, but he's late with it. I told him that if it's late next week, I won't be cooking dinner for a month. But today I want to talk about something that is one of the worst things you can do, and that's care what people think of you, and put others opinions over your own. Now before we begin, what are you drinking? I've got my white tea but unfortunately I drank most of it, so how about I offer you some pomegranate lemonade instead. Yum, that's Mr. Milly's favorite.



There was a time in my life when I pretty much based all of my decisions on what others would think of me, or I valued people's opinions over my own intuition-that was a rough time, and probably the time when I made the worst decisions of my life.   Click below to read more:




Looking back at it now, I regret it so much. YOU are the master of your life. YOU are in control of your destiny. YOU know yourself better than anyone. Don't let someones opinion of you determine your worth or shape your life.  If you want to do something, and your heart is telling you it's the best thing for you, then by all means  go after it. Believe me, putting someone else's thoughts of you or opinions higher than your own,  when it comes to your life, is a sure fire way to fail or end up just miserable. If I had been worried about others opinions of me, I'd never had started this blog. Everyone told me the blog market was over saturated, too many bloggers, no one would care about my point of view. I'm happy to say I feel starting this blog was one of the best things I've ever done, not because of the amount of readership I get but because of the friendships and connections I've made through it.  Also, if I'd listened to what others thought, I'd still be working in finance. When I first wanted to leave, I asked a lot of people I knew, for their opinions. Every single one of them told me I was dumb, I needed to get my head out of the clouds and for years, I stayed because well, I was scared what they would think of me when I left. But then one day I realized, these people aren't living my life, I AM. And although I cared about them, I was in control of my life, and when it came to my life, I knew me best, and my opinion of me should be the only one that really mattered, so I left my job a few weeks later, and have never been happier. And yes, I got called "dumb" "stupid" but in the end, I really could care less what anyone thought of me because I knew I was doing what was right for me. If you start valuing peoples opinions over your own, or start trying to please everybody, believe you me, you will be the only one miserable. When it comes to YOUR life, you can ask others for their opinions, but go with what YOU feel is right for YOU and stop worrying about what others think of you. Who cares if they don't like you or your decision? Guess what? Not everyone will like you in this world. Who cares if they think you're dumb, guess what,a lot of those same people that called me dumb, are some of my biggest supporters now. Don't worry about what others think of you when it comes to You. The only opinion that should really matter when it comes to you, is your own!  My abuela used to always say "unless you pay my bills, your opinion really doesn't matter." Abuela was so funny. Man I miss her.

Here's a great quote by Bill Cosby
I don't know the path to success, but I do know the quickest way to fail is to try to please everybody.

Remember that,

I don't think I'll be posting tomorrow, so have a great weekend.


Hugs,

Milly

13 comments:

Danielle said...

My sentiments exactly! Love your granny's quote! ♥

Renee said...

This advice is excellent and right on point! You never realize how true or applicable the points you've made in your post are, until you see them staring you in the face. Thank you so much for sharing and caring! Keep these Therapy posts up and you'll likely have another career of Life Coach awaiting you.

Catherine said...

Great advice - I love your Therpay Thursday posts! This is something that I am working on at the moment, and I agree, you know intuitively what the right thing to do is. I recently got braces aged 30, after years of hating my teeth (I didn't get them straightened when I was younger for various reasons), and so many people told me I shouldn't do it, there was no need to, I was too old etc etc. But I went ahead and did it anyway, and although I'm only 4 months into my treatment, I am so much happier with how I look and know I have done the right thing. Also, many of the people who advised me against this are now supportive of my decision!

Anyway, sorry for the long comment, just thought I'd share :)

beautylogicblog said...

@danielle yea she was the best. Thanks for reading.

beautylogicblog said...

@renee aww thanks Renee, Starting my life coaching business is def on my list after being a reporter.

beautylogicblog said...

@catherine I'm glad you like it. My hope is to prevent others from making the same mistakes I did. You live and you learn. Hugs,

beautylogicblog said...

@catherine congrats on your braces. Although my teeth are a little crooked (because I didn't want to wear my retainer)getting braces was so great. YOu go on girl with your braces. wear them proudly!

Anonymous said...

WOW. Right on time for me. I have been thinking long and hard about making a major decision in my life--probably the biggest decision OF my life. I have just existed for way too long and need to make a chage and start LIVING. Thank you so much- this was very affirming. Thanks to Abuela, too. xo

Anonymous said...

This post is serious. I love how real you are. It is true. Lots of people will have plenty of things to say, but does it really matter ? NOPE !

The Style and Beauty Doctor said...

SOOO TRUE! One of the reasons I'm happy to get older is realizing lessons just like you outlined in this post!

I left finance, too! We're life twins (sort of) lol!

Petra said...

You seem to be a really brave woman:) I would love to be like that. I love the post and I know you are right but some people are just not strong enough to fight for it-like me:( I have a big dream but I'm afraid I won't be able to realise it because I don't want to dissapoint my mum...Even if I believe it would make me happy, I don't want to make her unhappy...I see two wrong ways in front of me:(
Anyway, I hope you keep sending therapy posts because they are the most entertaining and helpful:)

Thank you & have a nice weekend:)

PS: I'm the same Petra from Petra N. post:)

Anonymous said...

I loved this post. It inspired me, thank you.

Anonymous said...

I loved this post. It inspired me, thank you.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...